What's NewMinor UI updates and bug fixes
Update for Sandbox Security
App DescriptionFEATURES that make WordBook stand out from other dictionary apps:
â˜… Professionally recorded pronunciation for every single entry
â˜… Word origin information (Etymologies)
â˜… Smart spelling suggestions
â˜… Favorite word management
The all-time top paid iPhone/iPad dictionary app WordBook is now available on the Mac. WordBook is a comprehensive, quick and intuitive dictionary and thesaurus of the English language. It's a great combination of comprehensive contents and fast intuitive interface.
* 150,000 entries with more than 220,000 definitions, 70,000 usage samples
* 23,000 root word origins (etymologies)
* 120,000 pronunciation guides in International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) and other notations
* Spoken pronunciations (for all entries)
* Built-in thesaurus and word links connecting words semantically
* Favorite word list and history management
* Browser-like definition content navigation, ability to tap on any word in the content to look up its definition
- WordBook does not required an internet connection except to play online pronunciation voices.
- WordBook includes entries of both American/British spellings. Definitions are written in American English.
April 20, 2013 New version 1.2
December 11, 2012 New version 1.1.2
June 05, 2012 New version 1.1.0
February 05, 2011 Initial Release