What's New* Now totally compatible with iPhone 5
* Display of results fits taller screen.
* Three new nice fonts available in iOS 6
* Fixed problem of background music interruption when pronouncing words.
* Quick Troubleshooting Guide inside your app helps you immediately fix problems.
* Recommended: Restart you device after installation of this Upgrade if using iOS6.
* Now you can share your history list via email.
* Now you can delete all favorite words with one button.
* Optional display of syllable separation for Spanish words.
* Exhaustive revision of Database.
* Thousands on new entries on all fields. Growth never stops in Word Magic.
* 40,000 new famous quotes added in each language. Linked to root words.
* Now – after an exhaustive revision-- we can fully claim that our app offers more than 2 million Spanish conjugated verbal forms fully identifiable as dictionary entries, plus another two million plurals and feminines of nouns impeccably conjugated in Spanish with their exact equivalencies in English. Special attention was given to the placing of accents in plural forms.
IMPORTANT: IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS AFTER UPDATING, PLEASE REMOVE AND REINSTALL THE APP. THAT SHOULD SOLVE THE PROBLEM.
App DescriptionCurrently the largest English-Spanish dictionary in existence, second only to our own Unabridged Version, the General dictionary has everything the user could ask for. Look up terms, translate, browse phrases and quotes, listen to pronunciation, and mark synonyms in both languages.
For the professional, the scholar or the student; we are confident our quality product will fulfill your every need. Tutorial included.
* Recommended by Apple in “Apps for Learning English as a Second Language” and also featured in the elite section of “New and Noteworthy”.
With over 639,000 entries, 1.2 million translations, 2 million synonyms, and a huge collection of idiomatic expressions in both languages.
WORKS OFFLINE. Connection required only for images, voices and spell-check.
• Conjugation of Spanish and English verbs, all persons & tenses.
• Enabled Search for plurals, feminine forms and verb conjugations.
• Embedded Tutorial.
• Natural-sounding voices for entries, definitions and examples in both languages (British and American English, European and American Spanish)
• Covers International, European, Latin American and Mexican Spanish.
• Covers American and British English.
• Intelligent Word List Display: identifies multiple forms of plural and feminine as well as Spanish verb conjugations, with, without or even with misplaced accent.
• Words which are spelled identically in both languages are displayed twice in the List, marked with a flag at the side.
• Fuzzy Search: Detects misspelled words simultaneously in English and Spanish, offering close suggestions.
• Innovative “Scan Function” for conceptual search of idioms and related phrases.
• Over 40,000 Phrasal Examples cross-linked to more than 200,000 phrases & their translations (Optional In-App purchase)
• Shake for random word.
• Share via Facebook and Twitter.
• Search History.
• Mark Favorite Words easily.
• Choose from 19 different themes for Background color and font.
- Translations, Definitions, Synonyms, Antonyms, Pictures, Examples and Quotes
- Clear-cut separation of meanings, identified with WM’s “Descriptive Tags”
- Part of Speech and other grammar attributes: Noun, Verb, Adj, etc.
- Noun type classification: Concrete, Abstract, Animate, Animal, etc.
- Color Code icon indicates word usage: Easy, Normal, Difficult or Technical
- Field Classification, indicates area of usage: Zoology, Chemistry, Domestic, etc. - Idiomatic Use tags: Idiomatic, Slang, Figurative, Formal, Inf., etc.
- Colloquial words indicated with flag icon of each country
- On/Off display of slang, foreign or offensive words. Default OFF.
- More than 55,000 color pictures help identify word meanings and context.
Some Dictionary Curiosities:
- 1,332 fish names & their translations
- 1,917 names of foods and dishes around the world & translations
- 8,248 names of famous historic characters
- 13,100 famous people of today in arts, movies, sports, politics, etc
- 10,672 geographical names, cites, countries, nationalities, etc.
- 4,255 names of largest corporations in the US and Europe
- 3,322 names of largest universities in the US and Europe
- 24,000 + bird names in English, Spanish and Latin. (as separate In-App purchase)
- 4,500 + new difficult words (as separate In-App purchase)
Voices powered by iSpeech.
February 28, 2013 New version 4.0.0
February 03, 2013 New version 3.4.0
January 30, 2013 New version 3.3.0
January 16, 2013 New version 3.2.0
November 22, 2012 Price Decrease: $7.99 -> $1.99
February 02, 2011 Initial Release