What's New* New version cuts memory requirements in half.
* More terminology: 40,000+ new words, 60,000+ new translations, 130,000+ new synonyms & 13,000+ new antonyms.
* New, easier way to start a search (iPhone).
* New feature allows you to move forward and backwards between parts of the sentence.
* Improvements to the interface: translated nouns now display gender, regional flags and voice option are easier to see, added back/forward buttons (on iPhone), and updated text alignment options.
* Now correct pronunciation for all verbal tenses.
* Fixed reported errors and bugs.
* Quick Troubleshooting Guide inside your app helps you immediately fix problems.
* Recommended: Restart your device after installation of this upgrade if using iOS6.
App DescriptionWORKS OFFLINE â€“ Includes our Verb Conjugator with over 2 million Spanish verbal forms. With its 1.9 million translations, 2.6 million synonyms, and huge collection of idiomatic expressions in both languages, this work constitutes currently the largest English-Spanish dictionary in existence for its price.
Covering every field, from zoology to current events, including legal, medical and business terminology, it features our natural-sounding voices in a variety of Spanish and English accents. Intuitive enough to detect misspelled words regardless of the input language, Word Magic provides user-friendly products specifically designed to work as learning tools, but thorough enough for the fully bilingual. Internet connection needed only for voices, images and spell-check.
â€˘ Conjugation of Spanish and English verbs, all persons & tenses.
â€˘ Enabled Search for plurals, feminine forms and verb conjugations.
â€˘ Embedded Tutorial.
â€˘ Natural-sounding voices for entries, definitions and examples in both languages (British and American English, European and American Spanish)
â€˘ Covers International, European, Latin American and Mexican Spanish. Covers American and British English.
â€˘ Intelligent Word List Display: identifies multiple forms of plural and feminine as well as Spanish verb conjugations, with, without or even with misplaced accent.
â€˘ Words which are spelled identically in both languages are displayed twice in the List, marked with a flag at the side.
â€˘ Fuzzy Search: Detects misspelled words simultaneously in English and Spanish, offering close suggestions.
â€˘ Innovative â€śScan Functionâ€ť for conceptual search of idioms and related phrases.
â€˘ Over 40,000 Phrasal Examples cross-linked to more than 200,000 phrases & their translations
â€˘ Shake for random word display.
â€˘ Share via Facebook and Twitter.
â€˘ Search History.
â€˘ Mark Favorite Words easily.
â€˘ Customize using available themes, background color, and font.
- Translations, Definitions, Synonyms, Antonyms, Pictures, Examples and Quotes
- Clear-cut separation of meanings, identified with WMâ€™s â€śDescriptive Tagsâ€ť
- Part of Speech and other grammar attributes: Noun, Verb, Adj, etc.
- Noun type classification: Concrete, Abstract, Animate, Animal, etc. *
- Color Code icon indicates word usage: Easy, Normal, Difficult or Technical
- Field Classification indicates area of usage: Zoology, Chemistry, Domestic, etc. - Idiomatic Use tags: Idiomatic, Slang, Figurative, Formal, Inf., etc.
- Colloquial words indicated with flag icon of each country
- On/Off display of slang, foreign or offensive words. Default ON.
- More than 66,000 color pictures help identify word meanings and context.
Some Dictionary Curiosities:
- 1,332 fish names & their translations
- 1,917 names of foods and dishes around the world & translations
- 8,248 names of famous historic characters
- 13,100 famous people of today in arts, movies, sports, politics, etc
- 10,672 geographical names, cites, countries, nationalities, etc.
- 4,255 names of largest corporations in the US and Europe
- 3,322 names of largest universities in the US and Europe
- 20,189 names of illnesses, with corresponding translations
- 2,128 different types of viruses & translations
- 7,180 names of human body parts, & translations
- 550,000 classified entries in total.
- 24,000 + bird names in English, Spanish and Latin.
- 4,500 + new difficult words
â€˘ Important Note: A translation dictionary typically includes translations only. However, ours include many definitions.
Voices powered by iSpeech.
February 27, 2013 New version 4.0.0
February 18, 2013 Price Decrease: $24.99 -> $19.99
February 03, 2013 New version 3.4.0
January 13, 2013 New version 3.2.0
February 09, 2011 Initial Release