Changes in Client Version 1.0.7
- Client lost connection should no longer happen (unless it's an outside force)
- Galaxy Engine now resets correctly if you change servers
- Chat Engine now resets correctly if you change servers
- Ship AI icons for harvesters were backwards, now they jump to the correct planets
- Ship AI details for Source and Destination were backwards in the display, now fixed
- Touching out of the range of a table won't select the last item
- Client disconnects the TCP/IP connection correctly when suspending the app
- 4 finger swipe on iPad should now work correctly
- Planets will detect when a ship enters orbit and can be viewed
- No longer need to swap tabs to get fleets to show up in the ship listing
- Text for Outpost Colony has been corrected
- Cancel AI, and System Icons removed from other people AI ships
- Player listing now orders in Alpha order, ignoring starting spaces
- Jumpgates now show as buildable if you have the required skill
- Matter Transmitters can now be built if you have the skill
- Jump menu has been fixed, now let's you jump if you have the skills
- b tag no longer appears in the AI ships details,now it just says Cargo
- You can now use special abilities when in a fleet, no longer have to unfleet the one ship
- Can no longer open navigation, and harvesting menus at the same time
- Galaxy Map will no longer appear off screen to the right
- Colony ship, and outpost ships have been given different text when they are deployed.
- Solar Core Tap animations will now play correctly
- Planet Killer animations will now play correctly
- Keyboard will clear correctly when in text edit mode and dialog appears
- 4G Touch should perform better, crashes should be fixed
- 4G Touch chat clipping plane has been fixed
- Notifications for objects being build are back
- Notifications for acquiring a planet are back
- Planets listing will now clear if you sort to a planet type you don't have
- Network trap on an edge case scenario fixed
- You can now disable music on the title screen
- Chat window slides up to follow keyboard
- Fighters no longer have a fleet icon - Since they can't be fleeted
- Fighters will now fail navigation with a notice if you try to fly them out of the system
- Client will now auto join general chat
- Under settings you can disable Auto Join Chat
- Orbital Listing now tells you if you already have a specific orbital, and can't build more
- Top buttons highlight if you are on a specific screen
- Server name has been added to bug report submission
- Building a fleet will no longer show fighters in the listing
- You can now quickly change servers via the Settings Screen
- You are now asked if you want to quit the signup for a game server
- Better factory notifications when building is started
- Factories will now ask for confirmation when cancelling a build order
- When attacking planet game will ask for confirmation
- Skill listing will default to Queued Skills if there are skills training
Note: While EotE is free to download a paid character account subscription is required to play the game. This allows us to run our servers, and provide a competitive online strategy experience without ruining the game experience through the sale of powerups and other in-game advantages.
Set in the distant future, Empire of the Eclipse tasks players with establishing an interstellar empire and using diplomacy, economic acumen and conquest to thrive.
If you've always thought playing a game like Civilization or Master of Orion on a massive scale would be incredible, but you've been continually let down by the scores of so called 'Freemium MMO Strategy Games' on iOS, then Empire of the Eclipse is the game for you.
•Play to Win, not Pay to Win: Players can't buy their way to victory with in app purchases unlike other 'Strategy MMO's.
•Massively Multiplayer: Fight, trade, scheme and vie for universal domination with thousands of other players per game.
•Epic Universe: Games can range in size from 2,500 to 90,000 sectors. Explore, conquer and exploit hundreds of thousands of planets.
•Explore: Fog of war and dynamically generated universes require exploration and reconnaissance, key components of the empire building experience.
•Streamlined Interface: Jump to any controlled planet or fleet from anywhere in the galaxy with just a few touches.
•Diplomacy: Enact a state of Peace, War or Embargo with other players. A rich array of interpersonal player dynamics awaits.
•Many Ways to Win: Win by the application of brute force or economic superiority. Transcend the stars or collect ancient alien artifacts. Whether warmonger, diplomat or explorer, there are always ways to win.
•Skill Trees: Utilize a diverse and flexible selection of over 40 skills that allow you to do anything from creating black holes to swindling other players in trade deals.
•Player Communication: Robust in-game mail and chat systems feature private channels and item attachments to negotiate trade and arrange covert operations.
•Retina Display: Stunning visuals are tailor-made to support both Retina and traditional iPhone displays.
•A single account may login from any iOS device you or anyone else owns.
•Supports iOS 5.0+ devices.
Visit us at any of the following places:
Check out our videos at:
Read what the reviews say about us:
- May 24, 2012 Initial release
- June 06, 2012 New version 1.0.7