This maintenance release brings important compatibility changes for OS X El Capitan. The synchronization to iOS devices is faster and more reliable. In addition, importing and indexing files is up to twice as fast as before. This update brings many more improvements, too, and fixes bugs and glitches.
NOTE: Starting with this version DEVONnote requires OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5.
CHANGES FOR OS X EL CAPITAN
- Support for App Transport Security.
- Fixed glitches during drag-and-drop on icon views.
- Fixed fullscreen document window handling.
- Fixed issues with launch and progress panels not showing.
- Synchronization (Mac/iOS) is faster and more reliable.
- Importing is up to twice as fast depending on metadata and filesize. DEVONnote uses the hidden .DS_Store files instead of AppleScript to read Spotlight comments.
- Videos in web views support fullscreen viewing.
- Accessibility support of navigation bar.
- Rebuilding retains all dates.
- Automatically updated user agent of web views should be more compatible to modern websites (especially on OS X Yosemite or El Capitan).
- About two times faster sorting by location.
- Faster reloading of user interface.
- Fullscreen window handling.
- Optimized resolving of aliases.
- Memory consumption.
- Overall reliability and performance.
- Dragging both groups and their subgroups to the Finder created duplicate folders.
- Glitches of date columns depending on selected list font.
- It was possible to duplicate or move items with missing files.
- Crash in case of broken workspaces.
- Further minor bugs and glitches.
- 32-bit support.
Your thoughts are important! Treat them like gold with DEVONnote. It keeps all of your notes safe in one place and helps you organize them in a way that’s meaningful to you, using its unique built-in artificial intelligence (AI).
In addition, DEVONnote treats websites like 'living' notes. View your favorite sites from within DEVONnote and manage your bookmarks like simple documents. Keep notes and related bookmarks together in one single place!
What you can do with DEVONnote:
- Jot your thoughts down as plain or rich text, and highlight important passages
- Clip data from documents or webpages using the Services or Dock menu
- Make structure out of creative chaos and connect your notes with automatic Wiki links
- Search all your notes and the rest of your Mac ecosystem from Spotlight
- Import new items or find similar documents, with a single click
- Use the integrated browser to surf the web directly from within your database
Some unique features:
- Use the improved search with advanced Boolean search operators and an unlimited complexity of search terms. Save even the most complex searches as seamlessly integrated smart groups.
- Save new notes to the inbox and file them properly later. The new trash can keeps documents up until you empty it. Unlimited undo and redo as well as immediate updating of the database files make using DEVONnote more comfortable and safe.
- Smart tags combine groups with tags in an innovative way. The three panes view inherited from DEVONthink simplifies working with your notes. Edit your files in separate tabs, document windows or in full screen mode.
- June 17, 2014 Initial release
- August 07, 2014 New version 2.7.7
- October 17, 2014 New version 2.8
- September 17, 2015 New version 2.8.6
- October 23, 2015 New version 2.8.7