This maintenance release brings important compatibility changes for OS X Capitan. Drag Calendar events into RTF documents to create a back link to the appointment and use the name of the top group in templates. This update also brings further improvements and fixes a number of other bugs and glitches.
- Name of the top group can now be used via a placeholder in templates.
- Dragging events from Calendar into rich text documents inserts back links (requires OS X Yosemite or later). Reminder: It's already possible to insert file links or addressbook links by dragging with ⌘Command and ⌥Option held.
- Enhanced drag-and-drop support.
- Items created via "Data > New from Template" can usually be renamed immediately.
- Renamed "Set Title As" to "Set Name As" for consistency.
- Further minor user interface enhancements.
- Title of PDF documents displayed live in web views is now used if available.
- Simple templates honour the option "Preferences > Import > Titles > Filename with extension".
- Better naming of duplicated documents with a file name extension in their name.
- License file moved to Application Support to avoid conflicts with preferences cleaners.
- French and German localization.
- Memory management.
- Overall performance and reliability.
- RTFDs exported as website were sometimes incorrectly escaped.
- Changing the system appearance could crash the application.
- Further minor bugs and glitches.
Your thoughts are important! Treat them like gold with DEVONnote. It keeps all of your notes safe in one place and helps you organize them in a way that’s meaningful to you, using its unique built-in artificial intelligence (AI).
In addition, DEVONnote treats websites like 'living' notes. View your favorite sites from within DEVONnote and manage your bookmarks like simple documents. Keep notes and related bookmarks together in one single place!
What you can do with DEVONnote:
- Jot your thoughts down as plain or rich text, and highlight important passages
- Clip data from documents or webpages using the Services or Dock menu
- Make structure out of creative chaos and connect your notes with automatic Wiki links
- Search all your notes and the rest of your Mac ecosystem from Spotlight
- Import new items or find similar documents, with a single click
- Use the integrated browser to surf the web directly from within your database
Some unique features:
- Use the improved search with advanced Boolean search operators and an unlimited complexity of search terms. Save even the most complex searches as seamlessly integrated smart groups.
- Save new notes to the inbox and file them properly later. The new trash can keeps documents up until you empty it. Unlimited undo and redo as well as immediate updating of the database files make using DEVONnote more comfortable and safe.
- Smart tags combine groups with tags in an innovative way. The three panes view inherited from DEVONthink simplifies working with your notes. Edit your files in separate tabs, document windows or in full screen mode.
- June 17, 2014 Initial release
- August 07, 2014 New version 2.7.7
- October 17, 2014 New version 2.8
- September 17, 2015 New version 2.8.6