This release brings a number of important compatibility changes for OS X Yosemite. Images in web views can be set as document thumbnails. As always the update enhances the performance and reliability, too, and fixes bugs. The update is recommended for all users.
CHANGES FOR OS X YOSEMITE
- User interface elements adapted to OS X Yosemite.
- Color of groups tags (e.g. in "Tags bar" or "Info panel").
- Appearance of HUDs, drawers in fullscreen mode, and "Support Assistant" corrected.
- Issues with resolving aliases fixed.
- Further glitches related to OS X Yosemite fixed.
- "Share" submenu added to contextual menu of web views. Requires at least OS X Mountain Lion.
- .diag and .hang added to list of known plain text extensions.
- "Set As Thumbnail" command added contextual menu command of web views.
- Better display of URLs and improved naming of URLs (e.g. dropped links).
- Search fields always use system default look.
- German localization.
- Usability, reliability, and performance.
- Criteria of locked smart groups could be edited.
- Autocompletion of Tags column did not work on OS X Mavericks and Yosemite.
- Revealing a database (e.g. from the title bar of document windows or the "Info" panel) didn't work.
- Lookup of strings containing certain rare unicode characters could fail and could e.g. lead to duplicates.
- Further minor bugs and glitches.
Your thoughts are important! Treat them like gold with DEVONnote. It keeps all of your notes safe in one place and helps you organize them in a way that’s meaningful to you, using its unique built-in artificial intelligence (AI).
In addition, DEVONnote treats websites like 'living' notes. View your favorite sites from within DEVONnote and manage your bookmarks like simple documents. Keep notes and related bookmarks together in one single place!
What you can do with DEVONnote:
- Jot your thoughts down as plain or rich text, and highlight important passages
- Clip data from documents or webpages using the Services or Dock menu
- Make structure out of creative chaos and connect your notes with automatic Wiki links
- Search all your notes and the rest of your Mac ecosystem from Spotlight
- Import new items or find similar documents, with a single click
- Use the integrated browser to surf the web directly from within your database
Some unique features:
- Use the improved search with advanced Boolean search operators and an unlimited complexity of search terms. Save even the most complex searches as seamlessly integrated smart groups.
- Save new notes to the inbox and file them properly later. The new trash can keeps documents up until you empty it. Unlimited undo and redo as well as immediate updating of the database files make using DEVONnote more comfortable and safe.
- Smart tags combine groups with tags in an innovative way. The three panes view inherited from DEVONthink simplifies working with your notes. Edit your files in separate tabs, document windows or in full screen mode.
- October 17, 2014 New version 2.8
- August 07, 2014 New version 2.7.7
- June 17, 2014 Initial release