Luminancer has resurrected.
The adoration and devotion of our most loyal users has given us a new life on new devices. This signals the start of a new era for Luminancer as we now diligently strive to improve and expand the experience.
This is a major rewrite of the video playback and rendering systems. It was developed to take advantage of the power of recent generations of iOS hardware.
Changes to this version include:
- Ability to load videos from the Photo Library
- Performance improvements
- Improved user experience including gesture controlled feedback ( pinch to zoom and rotate to spin. Double tap resets )
Luminancer is a powerful one of a kind video effects app. It's modeled after classic analog synth hardware and is designed for live performances . It could be just the app you need to enhance a live VJ rig, create a music video, or just spend a moment manifesting yourself in the Luminiferous aether
This is the app for masters of lightwave sorcery.
Luminancer has been in the app store for 5 years and has been recognized for it’s early innovation and high performance. Skilled artists have utilized Luminancer in the flow arts of poi, fire, and hoop dancing. Luminancer can be found in use on the stage for headliner bands at major musical festivals and and at the most underground rave parties.
How it works: By overloading the luminance channel with strobing colors and video feedback, Luminancer defines itself as an instrument of abstract video. Luminancer starts with a luminance threshold filter and sends it’s signal down a video processing pipeline modeled after the early innovations and machines of the pioneers of video art.
Luminancer is a truly independent app. It was conceived, developed, and designed by a single real person without any sort of external help or funding. The money raised from this app quite literally goes towards feeding my 2 children thank you and God bless.
- March 12, 2012 New version 1.4
- March 26, 2012 New version 1.41
- May 02, 2012 New version 2.0
- May 15, 2012 New version 2.1
- August 20, 2012 New version 3
- September 07, 2012 New version 3.1
- March 08, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- March 12, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- March 13, 2013 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- March 15, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- March 16, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- November 07, 2016 New version 4.0.1