What's New-Bug fixes
-Fix for showing embedded artwork when the embedded artwork is too small
-Expanded the episodes to ignore option (podcast settings) to allow for setting episodes to include or ignore. This is an either or but not both.
-Local search of your podcasts, playlist and a podcasts episodes now allows you to search for podcasts/episodes that have a bookmark with that search term in it
-New low free space warning when the device doesn't have enough space to safely download an episode
-New Episode sort options within a podcast. You can now choose to show downloaded episodes inline with the other episodes instead of having them in their own section. Episode sort has also been added as a podcast default that you can set (and reset all of your podcats to use).
-Sync changes/bug fix
-Support for another encoding
**If you like iCatcher! and use it everyday, then please take a moment and share on the app store reviews. Your reviews help others to know about iCatcher!**
Follow me on twitter @joeisanerd
App DescriptionIf you like podcasts, then iCatcher! is the right app for you. Subscribe, download and listen to your favorite podcasts while on the go.
-Consistently featured in Apple's What's Hot for News apps
-Macworld AppGuide gave it 4.5 out of 5 mice!
-Featured in 2011 on http://www.screencastsonline.com
• Keep track of all of your podcast subscriptions
• Download over WiFi, 3G or Edge and in the background (on supported devices)
• Download multiple episodes at once (up to 3 on WiFi and 2 on cellular).
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Sync subscriptions, episode playback positions and playlists between your devices with iCloud
• Universal App
• Full retina display support
• Search in all views to find that podcast or episode you are looking for
• Play audio in the background on supported iOS devices (iOS 4.3 and higher)
• Custom playlists with filtering options by podcast, episodes and more.
• Support for continuous playback within custom playlists (on by default).
• All device orientations supported with configurable option in the settings
• You can unsubscribe to podcasts and still have them on your device. Use that for those less than stellar podcasts!
• Full VoiceOver support
• Variable playback speed 0.75x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x
• Playback speed remembered per podcast
• Support for podcasts with chapters (MP3 and M4A)
• Use your headset controls including Bluetooth car controls (when paired) to play/pause, jump forward or back 30 seconds
• Sleep timer
• Beautifully rendered show notes
• Onscreen controls for jumping ahead 30 seconds, or jump back 30.
• Gesture Support on the now playing screen (when the podcast logo is showing) to aid in hands free use
• Double-tap to play/pause
• Swipe up to toggle playback speed
• Swipe left/right to rewind/fast-forward
• Home of the L gesture for the 2 minute Leo jump.
• See Settings and Gestures for more and for customizing rewind/fast-forward gestures
• Support for AirPlay, watch or listen to those podcasts on your big screen
• Support for external display of videos for devices that support an external display (get the Apple HDMI adapter)
• Watch or listen to your favorite podcasts with a familiar layout
• Customizable options like Auto-Play on connect to start playing the last playing podcast when you plug your headphones in (some restrictions, settings, playback, general).
FIND NEW PODCASTS QUICK
• Find your podcasts by title, keyword or by author
• Browse the top podcasts by category
• Manually add podcasts with a URL
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Option to download a single episode
• Browse the web in the app to find podcasts to add. Browser will prompt if you tap a link that is podcast feed.
• Import Podcast subscriptions for episodes that are already in your device from iTunes
• Import your OPML file from iTunes or other iOS podcast app
- Import your podcasts in record time
- Import process allows you exclude podcasts before processing
• Import media by using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add your existing audiobooks (non-password protected ones)
• Add previously downloaded podcasts or any other playable files from your computer
• Completely customizable to meet your podcasts needs.
• Swipe across a podcast or episode to access additional options
• Podcast settings allow you to set the days the podcast typically comes out or the number of days between.
• Specify the number of episodes to download when new ones are available
• Share the podcast information via email with your friends
• Post to Twitter or Facebook from the now playing screen
Email: tap Help tab and tap Email Support
** Thank you everyone that has left comments and feature requests. I am working hard to add as much value as I can. **
* If a feed doesn't work, then let me know so I can take a look at it
Requires iOS 5.0 or higher.
March 07, 2014 New version 2.0.3
February 07, 2014 New version 2.0.2
February 03, 2014 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
January 29, 2014 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
January 29, 2014 New version 2.0.1
December 02, 2013 New version 1.12.1
March 14, 2011 Initial Release