What's New-Bug fixes
-Fix for showing embedded artwork when the embedded artwork is too small
-Expanded the episodes to ignore option (podcast settings) to allow for setting episodes to include or ignore. This is an either or but not both.
-Local search of your podcasts, playlist and a podcasts episodes now allows you to search for podcasts/episodes that have a bookmark with that search term in it
-New low free space warning when the device doesn't have enough space to safely download an episode
-New Episode sort options within a podcast. You can now choose to show downloaded episodes inline with the other episodes instead of having them in their own section. Episode sort has also been added as a podcast default that you can set (and reset all of your podcats to use).
-Sync changes/bug fix
-Support for another encoding
**If you like iCatcher! and use it everyday, then please take a moment and share on the app store reviews. Your reviews help others to know about iCatcher!**
Follow me on twitter @joeisanerd
App DescriptionIf you like podcasts, then iCatcher! is the right app for you. Subscribe, download and listen to your favorite podcasts while on the go.
-Consistently featured in Apple's What's Hot for News apps
-Macworld AppGuide gave it 4.5 out of 5 mice!
-Featured in 2011 on http://www.screencastsonline.com
• Keep track of all of your podcast subscriptions
• Download over WiFi, 3G or Edge and in the background (on supported devices)
• Download multiple episodes at once (up to 3 on WiFi and 2 on cellular).
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Sync subscriptions, episode playback positions and playlists between your devices with iCloud
• Universal App
• Full retina display support
• Search in all views to find that podcast or episode you are looking for
• Play audio in the background on supported iOS devices (iOS 4.3 and higher)
• Custom playlists with filtering options by podcast, episodes and more.
• Support for continuous playback within custom playlists (on by default).
• All device orientations supported with configurable option in the settings
• You can unsubscribe to podcasts and still have them on your device. Use that for those less than stellar podcasts!
• Full VoiceOver support
• Variable playback speed 0.75x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x
• Playback speed remembered per podcast
• Support for podcasts with chapters (MP3 and M4A)
• Use your headset controls including Bluetooth car controls (when paired) to play/pause, jump forward or back 30 seconds
• Sleep timer
• Beautifully rendered show notes
• Onscreen controls for jumping ahead 30 seconds, or jump back 30.
• Gesture Support on the now playing screen (when the podcast logo is showing) to aid in hands free use
• Double-tap to play/pause
• Swipe up to toggle playback speed
• Swipe left/right to rewind/fast-forward
• Home of the L gesture for the 2 minute Leo jump.
• See Settings and Gestures for more and for customizing rewind/fast-forward gestures
• Support for AirPlay, watch or listen to those podcasts on your big screen
• Support for external display of videos for devices that support an external display (get the Apple HDMI adapter)
• Watch or listen to your favorite podcasts with a familiar layout
• Customizable options like Auto-Play on connect to start playing the last playing podcast when you plug your headphones in (some restrictions, settings, playback, general).
FIND NEW PODCASTS QUICK
• Find your podcasts by title, keyword or by author
• Browse the top podcasts by category
• Manually add podcasts with a URL
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Option to download a single episode
• Browse the web in the app to find podcasts to add. Browser will prompt if you tap a link that is podcast feed.
• Import Podcast subscriptions for episodes that are already in your device from iTunes
• Import your OPML file from iTunes or other iOS podcast app
- Import your podcasts in record time
- Import process allows you exclude podcasts before processing
• Import media by using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add your existing audiobooks (non-password protected ones)
• Add previously downloaded podcasts or any other playable files from your computer
• Completely customizable to meet your podcasts needs.
• Swipe across a podcast or episode to access additional options
• Podcast settings allow you to set the days the podcast typically comes out or the number of days between.
• Specify the number of episodes to download when new ones are available
• Share the podcast information via email with your friends
• Post to Twitter or Facebook from the now playing screen
Email: tap Help tab and tap Email Support
** Thank you everyone that has left comments and feature requests. I am working hard to add as much value as I can. **
* If a feed doesn't work, then let me know so I can take a look at it
Requires iOS 5.0 or higher.
December 02, 2013 New version 1.12.1
November 17, 2013 New version 1.12
October 22, 2013 New version 1.11.3
September 27, 2013 New version 1.11.2
September 26, 2013 New version 1.11.1
August 16, 2013 New version 1.10.3
March 14, 2011 Initial Release