Small bug fixes
★ "A counting app for preschoolers trying to provide numerous approaches to counting within the one space. Includes goal setting and a well designed user interface" - Dan Donahoo (wired.com/geekdad)
★ "Monte-Lingual 1-10 is one of best kids counting apps I’ve seen so far, and I highly recommend this to parents." - Lunchbox Reviews
★ "We love that Monte-Lingual 1 to 10 not only teaches number recognition of your own native language, but it also opens up the opportunity to learn another language at a very young age." - iEAR.org
★ "Monte-Lingual 1 to 10 is an intuitive app that’s easy for children to pick up and use from the get go. I like how the different modes build upon each other, beginning with the simplest of counting all the way up to matching numbers with marble quantities. There is some terrific educational value to be had in Monte-Lingual 1 to 10" - Heather Leister (theiphonemom.com)
★ "Monte-Lingual 1 to 10 is a high class counting app for toddlers and preschoolers. It provides a unique approach to counting. It is fun, entertaining and allows kids to use their various senses in the learning process" - Nathalie van Ee (funeducationalapps.com)
★ "Very good app, lots of help, very simple, very colorful, works extremely well and is fun for the kids to play with" - Gary James (a4cwsn.com)
★ Featured in the App Store New & Noteworthy category for Education.
★ Ranked in the App Store Top 100 Free Apps for Education category.
★ Featured in the App Store What's Hot list for iPad Education, Family, and Kids categories.
★ See it in action! - http://bit.ly/fxbS2S
Monte-Lingual is a series of educational games based on the Montessori teaching method for preschool and elementary school children. Monte-Lingual explores math and language concepts based on multi-dimensional and sensory visualizations that enable children to absorb and master the concepts naturally.
Monte-Lingual 1 to 10 is designed to introduce the most basic (but crucial) concept of numbers by a counting activity that employs various senses such as touch, sight, and sound to conceptualize “quantity” and “series” in a visual way. While absorbing the concept of counting, children can learn the numbers in English.
Activities and Features:
- Count using the Montessori bead stair concept
- Marbles change color depending upon the quantity according to the Montessori bead stair concept
- Children can have fun and interact with the marbles by flicking it to the other side and watch it bounce across the canvas
- Multi-touch allows children to learn the concept of skip counting by interacting with more than one marble
- Ability for children to move marbles back to demonstrate counting backwards
- Numbers are clearly pronounced and spoken on each flick
- Spell mode allows numbers to be displayed in English
- Classical background music