148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: FEEL THE HYPE :: Read Our Full Review >>
Use Hype Machine to browse lists of curated songs in many different categories.
What's New2.4.4 Fixed iOS 7 crash on startup. Sorry! :(
2.4.3 - Just a bit of house cleaning:
* Music now stops instantly when paused, no micro-fading
* Correct paging through tracks in the Genre view
* Sleep feature via the Stop Playing action in the Clock app works again
* Fixed intermittent logout issues
App DescriptionDiscover the most talked-about music from blogs around the world. This is the Hype Machine in your pocket.
Every day, thousands of people around the world write about music they love — and it all ends up on Hype Machine. We watch for new posts on over 800 of the most interesting blogs and make it easy to follow this chaotic world.
You can listen to the newest tracks posted just minutes ago, the most popular tracks of the day, and check out what your friends have discovered on the service. Each week, we also hand-pick an album that you can stream in its entirety before you can buy it. All this, without ads or monthly fees.
See what people are saying about the app:
Hype Machine lets you navigate the vibrant world of blogs in a few ways:
• LATEST: Music being discussed right now, constantly updated
• POPULAR: Tracks that are getting the most love on the Hype Machine
• FAVORITES: Your favorite tracks on the Hype Machine. A simple offline view lets you see your recently played favorites when you are in air or underground.
• FEED: Customized new posts from your favorite blogs, and friends
• FRIENDS: Music your friends are loving right now
• GENRES: Newest tracks posted on blogs organized by genre
• BLOG DIRECTORY: Every blog we track at http://hypem.com/blogs
• ALBUM PREMIERE: Preview a new album, in full, every week
Oh yeah, and the app scrobbles to Last.fm. Just enable it in your Hype Machine settings at http://hypem.com
We’ve been introducing people to breaking new artists and influential music blogs since 2005 (before there were iPhones :Þ), and have been featured in Wired, The Guardian, Washington Post, Billboard, Popular Science, Rolling Stone, Esquire, Business 2.0, G4TV, and more.
"No other app I’ve tested recently introduced me to as much new music that I’ve liked yet never heard before as Hype Radio — and I’ve been looking."
-Eliot Van Buskirk (Wired, Evolver.fm)
Any questions? Write firstname.lastname@example.org and we will write back!
February 16, 2015 New version 2.4.4
August 06, 2014 New version 2.4.2
February 09, 2014 New version 2.3.3
November 19, 2013 New version 2.3.2
November 02, 2013 New version 2.3.1
October 26, 2013 New version 2.3
November 30, -0001 Initial Release