Improved auto detection (Search) of GoFlex TV IP address
The Seagate® TV Remote app allows you to control your GoFlex™ TV/FreeAgent® Theater+™ HD media player from anywhere in the home with an iPhone® or iPod® Touch via Wi-Fi. Since the app uses your Wi-Fi network, there is no need to point the iOS device at the HD media player or worry about being too far away to control the HD media player.
The TV Remote app can automatically scan your Wi-Fi network for available GoFlex™ TV/FreeAgent® Theater+™ HD media players, making it simple to set up and control multiple devices. The app interface resembles the GoFlex™ TV/FreeAgent® Theater+™ IR remote control, making it simple to use. By pressing the [abc] button, you can use the keyboard on your iOS device to enter text into search fields when using Internet services such as YouTube®.
Additionally, the TV Remote app can display a list of files stored on the drive inserted into the GoFlex™ TV/FreeAgent® Theater+™ HD media Player, making it easy to navigate the files stored on your drive. Finally, the TV Remote app allows you to navigate photos stored on your iOS device and send them via Wi-Fi to the drive inserted into the GoFlex™ TV/FreeAgent® Theater+™ HD media player. The photos will be saved to the drive and automatically displayed on the TV in full resolution.
• Control your GoFlex™ TV/FreeAgent® Theater+™ HD media player with your iPhone® or iPod® Touch everywhere in your home via Wi-Fi
• Supports all the buttons and functions as the standard IR remote (except powering on the HD media player)
• Send photos from your iOS device to the drive inserted into the HD media player and instantly display in full resolution on the TV.
• Navigate files stored on the drive inserted into the HD media player and begin playing files with a single click
• Use your iOS device’s built-in keyboard to enter text when searching or using Internet services such as YouTube®
Note: In order to use the Seagate® TV Remote app with your GoFlex™ TV/FreeAgent® Theater+™ HD media player, you will first need to install the latest firmware update for your HD media player. If your HD media player is connected to the Internet via Ethernet cable or Optional Wi-Fi dongle, you will be notified about the firmware update automatically. Optionally, you can manually download the firmware update by visiting www.seagate.com and navigating to the download page for your device.