148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: BRIGHT & SUNNY :: Read Our Full Review >>
There's almost too much information to handle in this good-looking free weather app, and that's even before unlocking more features through a subscription.
What's NewUpdate 4.0.1 fixes a problem that premium users had after entering their name as well as users with deactivated push notifications, as the app became unresponsive. Thank you for your patience & understanding!
New since the major 4.0 update:
Optimized EasyAlerts™ for all our users in 33 European countries and the US. Stay informed with easy-to-understand information about current weather alerts and experience innovative design using Emoji symbols. Beautiful Weather is optimized for iOS 7.
The update includes new features for our Premium users:
• Start your day with a short and personal weather report as a silent push notification customized to your city.
• You will receive EasyAlerts™ severe weather alerts for the location of your choice as push notifications mere seconds after they are released.
• See your personal favorites at a glance on a 3D globe.
App DescriptionBeautiful Weather combines beautiful design and reliable worldwide weather data. Experience the daily weather on your iPhone: intuitively and with all your senses. Created with love and imagination, the app brings you weather data you can count on and a multisensory interface that’s sure to delight, day after day.
148apps.com: ".. as pretty as the name implies, with crisp and vibrant displays"
hometechtml.com: "A new weather experience"
With this standard version, you can enjoy all the core features. We also offer a premium option for more finely grained forecasts, animation. You can subscribe anytime. Please check out the premium experience on Sundays, when all premium features are free for the day.
More about the standard version:
Accurate details about the current weather anywhere in the world – plus two intriguing historical events from ‘This Day in History.’ A unique innovation is our Panorama View, a landscape scene depicting how the weather will develop on a given day. See at a glance what weather awaits you in the morning, afternoon and evening.
Of course, Beautiful Weather also includes a Week View, providing a clear overview of the weather in the next seven days within a single screen. The weekly forecast data is updated regularly, keeping you informed of upcoming weather changes, in portrait or landscape mode.
A real highlight: the interactive, 3D view of the Earth, showing you the weather in the most beautiful places around the world. It’s our new take on the classic globe, which you can rotate and zoom. Caution: this feature may cause intense wanderlust.
Accurate and reliable forecasts are indispensible for any serious weather app. Beautiful Weather consistently provides up-to-the-minute data from the world’s leading commercial and governmental weather institutes to provide you with high-quality forecasts that you can depend on.
• Innovative Panorama View: see today and tomorrow’s weather changes at a glance
• Day View: Wind direction and speed, humidity, rain, temperatures
• Day View: sunrise and sunset, moon phase
• Week View: 7-day forecast at a glance; portrait and landscape formats
• Forecast details: detailed temperatures for today and tomorrow (3 hour intervals)
• World View: interactive, zoomable 3D-globe featuring the weather in the world’s most beautiful destinations
• Soundtrack: original music composed especially for each weather condition
• This Day In History: two interesting events shown each day
Optional premium features:
• Panorama view: see not just today and tomorrow, but the next 7 days
• Panorama view: animated animals and other details enliven the landscape
• Weather animations enliven both the Panorama and detail views
• Week View: forecast details not just for today and tomorrow, but the next 7 days
• Forecast details: Even more detailed temperature forecasts (1 hour intervals)
• World View: live cloud animations; current satellite images of the Earth (updated monthly)
• World View: 3D globe can be customized with your favorite places
Our alert data is based on the following sources: EUMETNET – MeteoAlarm (Europe) & the National Weather Service (US).
Time delays between our app and the meteoalarm.eu or weather.gov websites are possible, for the most up to date information about alert levels as published by the participating National Meteorological Services please use meteoalarm.eu and weather.gov.
October 02, 2013 New version 4.0.1
September 26, 2013 New version 4.0
July 07, 2013 New version 3.6
May 22, 2013 New version 3.5
May 08, 2013 New version 3.4
April 05, 2013 New version 3.3
April 29, 2011 Initial Release