- Fixed Linked contacts option
- Fixed sync for people which did not have year set in its birthday
- Added hometown as synced contacts property.
- Added hometown field in app settings so we can toggle its usage in sync process
- App now uses user Facebook account set in Mac Settings under Internet Account.
- App does not use any third party SDK to access users Facebook account as its rather now uses Mac OSX Social framework. This should solve some problems users reported with older version and logging.
- Users now can revoke / allow app permission to use Facebook account in Mac OSX Privacy settings
FBContacts is an application that loads your Facebook friends' data and matches them with the contacts that you already have in your Address Book. When the contacts are matched you will be able to import data from Facebook friends' pages, such as their profile image, name, work info(job title, company, ...), birthday and lots more.
Before our application performs the synchronisation of your contacts with Facebook, it will show a report organised in three sections, which represents the result of the contacts matching process.
These sections are: Matched, Collision and Unmatched.
In these sections you can include or exclude additional contacts from the syncing process and also link or import contacts for which the application did not find a match.
FBContacts application is easy to use and we have included a detailed help file to enable you to use this application in a most productive way.
After you use our application to sync your contacts with Facebook, you can use iTunes to sync it all with your mobile device as well.
Application is not able to read nor sync phone numbers nor email addresses from your friends’ data as those fields are not allowed by Facebook for security and spam prevention reasons. Only Facebook application developed by Facebook itself could read those fields, but unfortunately third party applications cannot.
Mountain Lion users have to allow FBContacts access to contacts to successfully match contacts with Facebook friends. On first run you will be presented with dialog to allow access to contacts. If you do not allow it the application will not be able to access your contacts and therefore not able to do a match. If you want to allow access later go to Security & Privacy panel in System Preferences and choose Privacy tab. There under Contacts section allow FBContacts access to contacts.
IMPORTANT: If something is not working for you please read our HELP notes. If you cannot find the answer there, please inform us about your problem using our support email [email protected] or [email protected] Please include as many details as possible because, if you only write a short review, we will not be able to fully understand what the problem is and fix it.
If you have any suggestions about possible improvements, please CONTACT US at: [email protected] or [email protected], or leave a comment on our website.
- September 27, 2014 New version 2.1
- June 13, 2014 Initial release