deGeo version 3.0 is a major update with many new features and refinements. The premier photo location privacy protection tool just got even better. deGeo 3.0 brings a number of interface refinements, much expanded geotag details and new ways to save and share your deGeo'd photos. iOS 8 users also gain a new deGeo sharing extension so you can save deGeo'd photos from any other photo app on your device.
- Improved interface with new circle buttons
- Tell if a photo has geotags at a glance via the geotag icon
- Enjoy more details about the geotags including the approximate address and latitude and longitude coordinates.
- The ability to view the full raw photo metadata, geotags and other hidden exif information.
- Additional photo information including camera details, image resolution and photo dates.
- A new and improved photo picker, with full screen previews.
- Select from your iCloud photo albums
- Photos are now saved to the custom "deGeo'd Photos" album for easy reference
- Easily copy and share geotag details and locations.
- New iOS 8 sharing extension - Save deGeo'd photos in any photo app on your device
- Open geotag locations in Apple Maps or Google Maps
- Fully optimized for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Resolved outstanding crashing issues
- Improved overall stability
If you enjoy deGeo please leave us a star rating or review in the App Store. It's a big help and I sincerely appreciate your support.
- Gizmodo App of the Week! (Feb 23, 2015)
- Lifehacker's Best Photography Apps for iPhone (2014)
deGeo provides effortless locational privacy when sharing photos.
Did you know that GPS location data is stored within each photo you take? This invisible, uneditable geotag data is embedded into every smartphone picture and contains the exact coordinates of where it was taken. Simply posting a cute pic of your pet online could potentially lead anyone right to your front door!
deGeo is a photo sharing privacy utility that removes the geotags from your photos before sharing to Twitter, Facebook and the web. Share and save pictures with ease while safeguarding your privacy and personal location.
What others are saying:
"Easily strip away that location data so you can safely share photos publicly." - Lifehacker
"deGeo is simple and it gets the job done in one step." - MacStories
"I'm totally into this data stripper." - Cult of Mac
deGeo features a dynamic color matching UI that changes colors based on your photos. It's gesture driven interface is quick and fun and new with iOS 8 - deGeo your photo's from any app with the deGeo saving extension.
deGeo also exposes your geotags and the full Exif information. Swipe left to view the exact location your photo was taken on a map. Review the date and time of your snapshots as well as details about the camera, lens and exposure information. Don't need to share online? No problem you can also save deGeo'd copies of your photos for later use.
Protect & Control Your Locational Privacy
Locational data can potentially disclose some of your most sensitive private information including your home address, workplace, child's school and daily habits. Revealing your location via a photo is simple for anyone with the right tools. deGeo purposely removes the geotags and associated EXIF metadata so you can share your pictures online safely with peace of mind.
- February 19, 2015 New version 3.0
- October 10, 2014 New version 2.3.2
- September 21, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- September 21, 2014 New version 2.3
- September 11, 2014 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- March 23, 2014 New version 2.2.1
- March 11, 2014 New version 2.2
- February 24, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- January 16, 2014 New version 2.1.1
- January 07, 2014 New version 2.1
- December 20, 2013 New version 2.0.1
- December 19, 2013 New version 2.0
- December 01, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- November 30, 2013 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- November 29, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- November 28, 2013 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- December 12, 2012 New version 1.4.1
- November 15, 2012 New version 1.4
- October 12, 2012 New version 1.3
- December 06, 2011 New version 1.2.2
- November 16, 2011 New version 1.2.1
- October 22, 2011 New version 1.2