Fixes annoying problem where bottom half of tabs weren't tappable.
Appearance changes to accommodate newer versions of iOS.
"Other Important Info." selection tells iNutrient users how they might have savings available to them when they upgrade to one of our app bundles.
iSatFat is one of 10 iNutrient apps based on the USDA National Nutrient Database. The others include:
- iCarbs (Carbohydrates)
- iCholesterol (Dietary Cholesterol)
- iFiber (Fiber)
- iKals (Calories)
- iPotassium (Potassium)
- iProteins (Proteins)
- iSodium (Sodium)
- iSugars (Sugars)
- Vitamin K (Vitamins K1, K1D & K2)
As of version 3.0 this app allows users to record their intake of the nutrient. The information is maintained for one year and is presented in reverse chronological order grouped by day, so the latest data is presented first in the list. Editing allows for: 1) changing the number of servings; 2) changing the date; and 3) deleting records.
For those working towards healthy eating, knowing the amount of saturated fat in the foods available for consumption can be extremely helpful.
The iSatFat app provides information about foods and how they are rated for content of saturated fat. This is provided as a means to assist in deciding which foods to eat. The food servings are rated from EXTREMELY LOW in fiber all the way up to EXTREMELY HIGH. The following colors help readily identify which is which:
- Black = Rated EXTREMELY HIGH in Saturated Fat (10.001 - 33.000 g)
- Dark Red = Rated VERY HIGH in Saturated Fat (5.001 - 10.000 g)
- Red = Rated HIGH in Saturated Fat (3.001 - 5.000 g)
- Orange = Rated MODERATELY HIGH in Saturated Fat (1.001 - 3.000 g)
- Yellow = Rated MODERATE in Saturated Fat (0.501 - 1.000 g)
- Light Green = Rated MODERATELY LOW in Saturated Fat (0.101 - 0.500 g)
- Green = Rated LOW in Saturated Fat (0.011 - 0.100 g)
- Cyan = Rated VERY LOW in Saturated Fat (0.001 - 0.010 g)
- White = Rated EXTREMELY LOW in Saturated Fat (0.000 g)
Essentially, the cooler the color, the lower the amount of Saturated Fat, with white being the coolest color and black being the hottest (think burnt).
There are eight tables listing food servings:
- All Foods
- Fast Foods
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Meat, Fish & Shellfish
- Dairy & Egg
- Cereal Grains & Pasta
The All Foods list allows you to search by any word or partial word from all the Food Titles.
Selecting a food in any of the tables will display pertinent information about the selected food serving:
- Food Title
- Weight (in grams)
- Common Measure (serving size for weight)
- Saturated Fat Content (in grams)
- Percentage of Saturated Fat by Weight (if at least 1%)
- USDA Description
- USDA Food Group
- USDA Nutrient Database Number
Information is derived from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference: Fatty acids, total saturated Content of Selected Foods per Common Measure. There are currently over 1,100 different foods included, searchable using more than 2,500 names (some foods are known by different names or how they are prepared, e.g., "Egg, Scrambled" and "Scrambled Egg"). A few these have as many as six searchable names.
The iSatFat Info screen provides access to additional information pages:
- What is Saturated Fat?
- Why Avoid Saturated Fat?
- Highest Saturated Fat Foods
- How to Use this App
- Nutrients Custom Food Definition (another app with more features and data for 10 nutrients)
- Other Important Info (includes allowance to 1) Report a Problem; 2) Ask a Questions; and 3) Make a Suggestion)
- October 19, 2011 New version 2.5
- December 22, 2011 New version 2.6
- February 20, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- February 21, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- March 13, 2012 New version 3.0
- May 13, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- May 14, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- June 06, 2012 New version 3.0.1
- June 26, 2012 New version 3.1
- September 08, 2012 New version 3.2
- September 16, 2012 New version 3.5
- January 31, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- February 04, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- February 08, 2013 New version 3.6
- April 18, 2013 New version 3.7
- April 24, 2013 New version 4.0
- July 19, 2013 New version 4.0.1
- August 29, 2013 New version 4.1
- January 02, 2016 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- August 08, 2016 New version 5.0