What's NewThis maintenance update adds the possibility to quickly select the current active Finder window for searching, allows dropping files and folders onto EasyFind's icon for setting the search target, and adds a Portuguese localization.
- NEW: Option Active Finder window added to location popup menu for easily searching in the folder of the active Finder window (and its subfolders).
- NEW: Files and folders can be dropped on the Dock or Finder icon of EasyFind to search in them or the enclosing folder of dropped files.
- NEW: Portuguese localization by Victor Figueiredo.
- Improved: More reliable and faster content searching.
- Improved: HFS+ catalog searching can now be cancelled almost immediately.
- Improved: More reliable and more efficient handling of Quick Look panel on Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard" and later.
- Fixed: Minor user interface issues.
App DescriptionThink Mac OS X's Spotlight could use some help, especially when searching for text files? Download EasyFind, an alternative to (or supplement of) Spotlight and find files, folders, or contents in any file without indexing. EasyFind is especially useful for those tired of slow or impossible indexing, outdated or corrupted indices, or those just looking for features missing in the Finder or Spotlight.
- Boolean operators, wildcards, phrases
- Extended Boolean operators, similar to DEVONthink and DEVONagent
- Immediate searches, no indexing required
- Finds invisible files and files inside packages (something Spotlight doesn't do)
- Displays the location of each file in a separate column
- Previews files using Quick Look (Mac OS X 10.5 or later)
- Provides contextual menus and services
- Supports drag-and-drop
- Very responsive, thanks to multithreading
- Uses very little memory
May 16, 2012 New version 4.9
February 29, 2012 New version 4.8.2
August 16, 2011 New version 4.8.1
July 26, 2011 New version 4.8
May 12, 2011 New version 4.7.2
February 24, 2011 Initial Release