Updates and bug fixes.
ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIME
To celebrate our latest update, Scan is on sale for a limited time for $1.99 down from $4.99! (over 50% off!)
Scan is the fastest and most user-friendly QR reader and barcode scanner available. If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod came with a built-in scanner, this would be it. Here is what our reviewers are saying:
“Quick and very reliable. I’d give it six stars if it were possible.”
“No ads, beautiful design, and even caught blurry QR codes I didn’t expect it to scan”
“I’ve saved over $80 by scanning products in the store and finding them cheaper online”
HOW THE APP WORKS
To scan a QR code or barcode simply open the app, point the camera at the code, and you’re done! There is no need to take a photo or press a button. Scan will automatically recognize any code your camera is pointing at.
When scanning a QR code, if the code contains a website URL, you will automatically be taken to the site. If the code just contains text, you'll immediately see it. For other formats such as phone numbers, email addresses, or contact info, you will be prompted to take the appropriate action.
Scan recognizes all of the popular barcode types (UPC, EAN, and ISBN) and shows you pricing, reviews, and more about any products you scan. Barcode scanning requires a newer iPhone or iPad in order to work reliably. Cameras on older devices do not provide the resolution or focus required for barcode scanning.
• View a history list and map of all of your past scans
• Sync your scan history across the web and all of your devices
• Toggle your front or rear camera for scanning
• Set a default browser to open websites in
• Scan pictures of QR codes and barcodes from your camera roll
• A switch to turn on your device’s light (if it has one) for scanning in low-light circumstances
DEDICATED TO PERFECTION
Our goal is to make our app the best scanning app in the store. We can’t do this without you. We are dedicated to your satisfaction and need to hear feedback from you. If you have an issue with Scan, please do not write a review of the app saying "it didn't work." This does not help us make things better for you. Instead, please contact us at [email protected] or on Twitter @scan and we'll do our best to help.
In order to use Scan, your device must have a built-in camera. When scanning codes that redirect to online content, such as websites, you will need Internet connectivity.
MAKE YOUR OWN QR CODES ON SCAN.ME
Want to make your own QR codes for others to scan? Visit our site at http://scan.me to create and manage your own QR codes for free.
Update: We recently released a new Wi-Fi QR code type on our site. These new Wi-Fi QR codes allow visitors to your home or business to scan a QR code to get easy access to your wireless network.
- July 07, 2011 New version 1.7
- September 19, 2011 New version 1.8
- September 27, 2011 New version 1.8.1
- February 23, 2012 New version 1.9
- June 02, 2012 New version 1.9.2
- June 27, 2012 New version 1.9.3
- November 21, 2012 New version 2.0
- December 06, 2012 New version 2.0.1
- February 23, 2013 New version 2.1
- June 15, 2013 New version 2.1.5
- October 09, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $1.99
- October 10, 2013 New version 2.2
- July 09, 2014 New version 2.5
- August 27, 2014 New version 2.5.1
- October 12, 2014 New version 2.5.2
- October 16, 2014 New version 2.5.3
- May 02, 2015 New version 2.6
- March 23, 2016 New version 2.7