Fixes annoying problem where bottom half of tabs weren't tappable.
Appearance changes to accommodate newer versions of iOS.
"Other Important Info." selection tells iNutrient users how they might have savings available to them when they upgrade to one of our app bundles.
LITE Version ... has full functionality of iKals app, but without print or saving data capabilities. If you need either of these capabilities, consider the full version since there is no in-app upgrade.
If you are counting calories, possibly to help keep you weight under control, then this is an app you will truly make use of on a regular basis.
The iKals app provides information about foods and how they are rated for Calorie content. This is provided as a means to assist in deciding which foods to eat. The food servings are rated from EXTREMELY LOW in Calories all the way up to EXTREMELY HIGH. The following colors help readily identify which is which:
- Black = Rated EXTREMELY HIGH in Calories (500 - 1,181)
- Dark Red = Rated VERY HIGH in Calories (400 - 499)
- Red = Rated HIGH in Calories (300 - 399)
- Orange = Rated MODERATELY HIGH in Calories (250 - 299)
- Yellow = Rated MODERATE in Calories (200 - 249)
- Light Green = Rated MODERATELY LOW in Calories (150 - 199)
- Green = Rated LOW in Calories (100 - 149)
- Cyan = Rated VERY LOW in Calories (50 - 99)
- White = Rated EXTREMELY LOW in Calories (00 - 49)
There are eight tables listing food servings:
- All Foods
- Fast Foods
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Meat, Fish & Shellfish
- Dairy & Egg
- Cereal Grains & Pasta
The All Foods list allows you to search by any word or partial word from all the Food Titles.
Selecting a food in any of the tables will display pertinent information about the selected food serving:
- Food Title
- Weight (in grams)
- Common Measure (serving size for weight)
- Calorie Content (in kcal)
- USDA Description
- USDA Food Group
- USDA Nutrient Database Number
Information is derived from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference: Energy (kcal) Content of Selected Foods per Common Measure. There are currently over 1,100 different food servings included, searchable using more than 2,500 names (some foods are known by different names or how they are prepared, e.g., "Egg, Scrambles" and "Scrambled Egg"). A few these have as many as six searchable names.
The iKals Info screen provides access to additional information pages:
- What are Calories?
- Calorie Recommendations
- Highest Calorie Foods
- How to Use this App
- Access My Records (shows message indicating feature is only available in regular version)
- Other Important Info (includes allowance to 1) Report a Problem; 2) Ask a Questions; and 3) Make a Suggestion)
- October 19, 2011 New version 2.5
- December 22, 2011 New version 2.6
- March 20, 2012 New version 3.0
- June 25, 2012 New version 3.1
- September 05, 2012 New version 3.2
- September 26, 2012 New version 3.5
- February 13, 2013 New version 3.6
- April 20, 2013 New version 3.7
- August 29, 2013 New version 4.1
- October 20, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- December 12, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- August 09, 2016 New version 5.0