New capability to use the step-by-step walking direction to the parking location
Choose Metric (m, km) system on/off in Honk Settings
Parallax effect for background image display
Completely redesigned built-in Help for more practical guidance (including the built-in 2 min tutorial video)
Voice memo recording limit increased to 2 minutes
Allows to keep a particular background image permanently
New background images optimized for retina display view
More robust iOS device sync operation using the Multipeer Connectivity
Extra text to display meter duration appears above the meter-head when the user swipes the meter
Fixed the bug that caused the app to crash when the Help button was pressed
Overall stability improvements
= NYT Gadgetwise one of the top choices for Parking Apps!
= Essential App in Wired magazine's Apps Guide
= Top choice in the Car Find Category, AppAdvice.com
= Gizmodo.com : "Honk's the Swiss Army Knife parking app..can't really think of how it could get better.."
= App of the Week, iTunes App Store (UK)
= Cult of Mac : "a stroke of simple genius, and it’s not often you come across a one dollar app that could potentially save you a small fortune." [5 stars][Must Have App]
= 148apps.com : "there’s really no excuse not to buy honk, as it’ll save you a ton of money in future tickets" [5 stars]
= Macgasm.net : "Honk uses icon badges in a genius way."
= MacStories.net : ".. these map and sketch features alone refilled my like-meter."
= GPS Ratings : "yet another reason iPhone is such a life saver."
= New and Noteworthy & What's Hot & Staff Favorites in the App Stores around the world
= #1 Navigation in the UK & Russia; Top 5 Navigation App in the US App Store!
Honk is an App that saves you from another parking ticket with a swipe of your finger. It also help you find your way back to the car through its unique handwritten memo, photo, voice memo and automatic GPS functions. Newly added: a single tap, it will take you to the step-by-step walking instruction to your car!
Honk also sports the widely praised "minute-by-minute" display of remaining time on the meter on its Icon badge. It even helps you locate nearby ATMs, cafes, Parking garages and, gas stations.
Simply swipe your finger across the meter to set how long you plan to park. As you quit Honk, it will mark your parking location on the map, and when the time comes to head back to your car, it will honk you. On your home screen, its icon will also display the remaining minutes. Just a quick glance, you can go back to your important conversation with a peaceful mind! It even features sync alarm/gps between your iPhone, iPad and even Macs via your cloud-shared Calendar!
Have you ever forgotten where you parked, and embarrassed yourself on the wrong floor, while your family had to follow you along one painful step after another. During winter in Boston? Overcomplicated controls in most apps make you feel like you are trying to heist a federal bank?
Use Honk's simple note pad to scribble down your spot, in a language of your choice, using the most trusted tool you have: your index finger. It also allows you to take a snapshot of your spot and superimpose the photo on your handwritten memo. Of course, Honk has a built-in map with useful functions to guide you safely back to your parked car.
Even if it save you from a few parking tickets, it pays you back 100 times over!
- Simplest interface to set the parking meter alarm. A single swipe for most situations!
- Updates your remaining time on its App Icon. A quick glance at your home screen, your mind at peace.
- Smooth handwritten memo/photo/voice memo to mark the parking spot.
- Single tap takes you to the walking directions of Map to your car! (iOS7+ only)
- Honk marks parking location automatically when you set the meter alarm. Manually move the parking pin on the map when the GPS accuracy falls short. Shows how far the car is from your current location.
- Innovative bread-crumb trails to help quick orienting yourself as well as built-in compass.
- Different types of meter with long (up to 24 hours) and short time limits.
- Four levels of alarm sounds.
- Gorgeous background photos change according to the time of the day. Parallax effect! (for iOS7 and retina device users)
- January 14, 2013 New version 1.6.0
- February 14, 2013 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- February 16, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- September 12, 2013 New version 1.6.1
- September 16, 2013 New version 1.6.2
- May 30, 2014 New version 1.7.0
- August 17, 2014 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- August 20, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99