What's New- Improved favorites management
- Updated countries list
- Fixed map's position
App DescriptionCam On! incorporates several ways of using the most interesting webcams around the world into a single application. With the use of an innovative interface it is possible to access the individual webcams found in a constantly updated and dynamic database. These webcams can be accessed in the following ways:
- geographic: the cities that have one or more webcams that users can interface are marked on the map. A click on the marker will show a representative picture and the data of the webcam or webcams found in that city;
- list: a list sorted by state and city of each webcam, identified through a photo and useful data for locating the webcam. A click on the list item will immediately allow users to view the webcam;
- randomly: a 4x3 grid will show a certain number of pictures relative to webcams that are randomly extracted from the database. A simple click of the picture will allow the user to view the corresponding webcam;
- recent: the same grid will show the latest webcams inserted in the database;
- favorites: the grid will also show the webcams that users have marked as a favorite.
With the use of a user-friendly research instrument users can filter the lists of the webcams by setting geographical and/or thematic data. For example, users could filter the webcams that only show the beaches in California, the mountains of Austria or English universities.
The options below are available when viewing the webcam:
- take a picture: the image will be saved in the device's photo album;
- the interface elements can be hidden with a simple click on the viewing area;
- add or remove the webcam from the list of current favorites;
- verify the local time in the current location.
The Cam On! database is uploaded when the application is turned on and will be constantly updated. The system also guarantees a very reduced number of off-line webcams or webcams that do not work as well as the insertion of newly selected webcams.
For optimal use a broadband connection is recommended.
December 20, 2010 Initial Release