App DescriptionTry Cheese Plate for just $2.99 (limited time offer). Celebrated food journalist, author, and cheese expert Janet Fletcher presents 25 themed cheese plates featuring stunning photography and in-depth descriptions, all perfect for entertaining.
Each cheese plate features three perfectly complementary cheeses—all with suggested alternates—for a total of 150 cheeses you’re bound to love. With every cheese plate and cheese pictured, it’s easy to know what you’re looking for when you get to the store, what wine styles go with which cheeses, and even how to serve it.
Learn how to pronounce the cheese, who makes it, what type of milk is used, the country of origin, and which three adjectives (e.g. mellow, nutty, sweet) most aptly describe it. Slightly longer descriptions give you more details about texture and the story behind the cheese to read when you have time—perfect for party planning before you head to the store (or while you’re in line waiting to be helped).
Sample cheese plates included:
Salute to Spain (Manchego, Queso de la Peral, Leonora)
Spotlight Northern Italy (Taleggio, Piave, La Tur)
A Range of Rinds (Red Hawk, Camembert, Comté)
Famous for Centuries (Roncal, Pont L’evêque, Coulommiers)
For a Fine Red Wine (Vacherin Fribourgeois, Dry Monterey Jack, Ossau-Iraty)
With a Glass of Sauternes (Mimolette, Bleu D’Auvergne, Clisson)
• 150 cheeses and 25 cheese plates, all pictured
• Explore cheeses made from cow’s, goat’s, and sheep’s milk.
• Discover cheeses from England, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, and the United States.
• Learn helpful cheese terms, how to pair cheese and wine, and how to taste and handle cheese.
• Handy search lets you find cheeses by name, milk type, style, country, or characteristic (nutty, buttery, creamy)
• Facebook, Twitter, and email features help you send your favorite cheese profiles to family and friends—even when they’re in line at the market and need info
October 14, 2011 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
June 17, 2011 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
December 17, 2010 Initial Release