What's New- Flip book printing has a new option to print crop masks instead of full borders.
- Printing a flip book on OS X Lion failed.
- Updated iMovie sharing to use iMovie'11 Drop Box.
App DescriptionWith iStopMotion Pro, the old and venerable process of stop motion animation is greatly improved and accelerated, bringing down production times and cost significantly. Here are some of the reasons for this:
Immediate Feedback and Instant Playback
With Onion Skinning you see what the animation is going to look like before you capture the frame. Because the frames do not have to be processed, watch your animation right away to see if it worked out the way you wanted.
Get a Cue
Instead of creating a detailed X-sheet, load a real video, overlay it to the video input and use that as a guideline.
If you use a green screen, the chroma keying in iStopMotion shows you what your frame will look like when recorded.
Use the Apple Remote to capture frames from a distance. This saves you traveling between your animation table and the computer keyboard.
Send your movies directly from iStopMotion Pro to Final Cut Pro.
Fits into Your Workflow
iStopMotion uses lossless compression to save individual frames into a QuickTime movie file. Use these files with the tools you already know, for example Final Cut Pro, for further editing in pristine quality. You can easily retouch single frames in an external image editing app such as Adobe Photoshop. When you save the image, iStopMotion automatically puts it back where it belongs. And finally build your very own customized control station by freely mapping the keyboard keys to any functionality you want.
In addition to most consumer USB and DV cameras, iStopMotion supports lots of (semi-)professional cameras via Mac compatible input devices by Matrox, Blackmagic, MOTU or AJA. There's also a long list of supported digital still cameras, even though those cameras don't provide live feedback. Please follow the Support link in the right column to find out what kinds and models of cameras can be used with iStopMotion.
Compare Home, Express and Pro
- For the casual user, the typical family where the parents want to have fun with the kids while providing them with a productive, creative and educational experience.
- Max. resolution: NTSC/PAL, 960 x 540
- Use video cameras and digital still cameras for shooting (See website for more information)
- Stop motion single frame shooting
- Time lapse recording
- Tilt shift filter for making real live scenes look miniature
- Onion skinning and blinking tools help you animate faster and more easily
- Chroma-Keying lets you choose a complex background without having to build a set - choose from a number of enclosed backgrounds
- Flip book printing lets you create old style paper flip books to show around
- Send your video to iMove to add titles, intro, outro, music, transitions and more and upload to YouTube or burn to DVD
- The animation aficionado, who spends a lot of time creating animations and wants all the features of the Pro version except those only needed in a professional production environment.
- All the features of iStopMotion Home, plus:
- Continuous recording for taking small real time segments
- Color correction by frame
- Rotoscope/Lip Sync allows you to load a video file and use it as a guide for your animation
- Import a soundtrack to animate to, for example for making a music video
- Use your own background and foreground elements
- Create your own project presets
- The professional animator who uses iStopMotion in a production workflow, creating animations for commercials, music videos, feature movies in HD resolution and beyond.
- All the features of the Express version, plus:
- Max. resolution: 10,000 x 10,000
- Integration with Final Cut
- Support for HD capture
September 07, 2011 New version 2.8.4
August 23, 2011 New version 2.8.2
July 21, 2011 Price Decrease: $499.99 -> $299.99
January 01, 2011 Initial Release