- several bug fixes
This is not just an ordinary travel guide, this is the start of a mysterious and fascinating trip: a voyage across more than 20 centuries of creativity through which art and history intertwine, telling the story of what human ingenuity has created through the ages.
ItalyGuides.it reinvented audio-guides, giving them the feel of "Cinema" instead of the academism of traditional ones, with movie-style music, narration by American voice actor Gregory Snegoff, images and video, dramatically enhancing the storytelling process.
Colosseum events, gladiator fights, the masterpieces of Michelangelo will live in your iPhone and will tell you what Rome was like at the height of its splendour.
Five beautiful maps each featuring several POIs with audio tracks that will let you discover the many not-to-be-missed sites of Rome as well as legends of the city, the ancient Roman life-style, also featuring a practical video guide that includes information on the city, maps, public transit, getting to and from the airport and lots of useful travel advice.
- Apple maps (map or satellite view)
- 55 Points of Interest with GPS coordinates
- 120 minutes of high quality audio storytelling
- Earphones functions: Play/Pause, Rew, FF, Tap for texts
- Background playback
- Photo gallery with over 290, georeferenced, high quality images
- Share photos with your friends (Facebook, twitter, iMessage, email)
- Suggested route / travel tips
- Supporting iPhone 6/6plus and iOS9
- No internet required for POI list and audio playback
Our audio guides are the result of a collaborative effort between Italian historians, industry copywriters and art professionals; it represents the culmination of work done with passion and meticulous care given to the tiniest of details - all carefully designed to make learning active, compelling and immediate.
ItalyGuides.it website has received considerable recognition and international awards during recent years and has been featured in several magazines and TV shows such as:
- The Oprah Winfrey Show
- BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation)
- UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization)
- Venice department of the Italian Ministry for Cultural Heritage
- RAI (Italian public Television)
- RSI (Swiss public Television)
- Winner of SMAU Mob App Award 2012
- El Pais
- El Mundo
For more information: www.ItalyGuides.it
- February 29, 2012 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $3.99
- March 05, 2012 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- March 15, 2012 Price increase: $4.99 -> $6.99
- March 17, 2012 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $5.99
- March 23, 2013 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $0.99
- March 25, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $5.99
- February 20, 2014 New version 1.5
- August 06, 2015 New version 1.6
- December 17, 2015 New version 3.0
- July 09, 2016 New version 3.1