- Stability: crash fixes
- HTML Printing fixes
- Improved pagination
The easiest way to print on iOS.
With support for both Apple's AirPrint and our own advanced Avatron Print technology.
With Print Sharing, you can print to your printer wirelessly, without installing any special software on a computer. If you have an AirPrint-compatible wireless printer, Print Sharing can print to that. If you have a Mac (10.5.8+) with Printer Sharing enabled, Print Sharing can use that too. It can even print through a Linux machine with CUPS installed.
NOTE: Printers shared by Windows PCs are NOT supported. You must have a Mac or Linux PC on your network to use Print Sharing.
It's easy to print with Print Sharing. Just three steps:
1. Choose what to print. You can either:
- Copy something from another app, and launch Print Sharing with that in the pasteboard, OR
- Find a document on the web, in a mail attachment, or in some other app, and tap “Open In Print Sharing.”
2. Choose whether you want to print with Apple AirPrint or with Avatron Print.
3. Choose some print options, and tap the Print button.
If you choose Apple AirPrint, you have a few very simple printing options:
• Choice of printers
• Number of copies
• Single or Double-sided
If you use Avatron Print, you have all of these options, plus some more power:
• View page thumbnails when selecting the start and end pages
• Choose page orientation
• Select paper size
• Set printer-specific options, such as:
- imaging options
- resolution enhancement
- toner density
- media type
- tray choice
- page order
- and many more
There are a few other apps for iOS that can print documents. But Print Sharing is the only one that can print to any printer—not just the few AirPrint-compatible ones—but doesn't require any special proprietary software to be installed on your computer.
Print Sharing is the only CUPS client for iOS. CUPS (Common UNIX Printing System) is the standards-based, open source printing system developed by Apple Inc. for Mac OS® X and other UNIX®-like operating systems.
OTHER APPS FROM AVATRON
If you like Print Sharing, please check out our other apps, including Air Sharing and Air Display. Just search for "avatron" in the App Store.
Air Sharing has all of the printing power of Print Sharing, but also has advanced document viewing and file operations. If you just want to print, Print Sharing gives you a very streamlined printing workflow. But if you want to access remote file servers (including Google Docs, Dropbox, Box.net, FTP & FTPS, SSH/SFTP, WebDAV, MobileMe iDisk, POP3, and IMAP), view large images, read PDFs with Search and table-of-contents features, and on and on, don't miss the Air Sharing apps.
Air Display is a universal app that lets you use your iPad as a wireless monitor to extend your computer desktop. It works with Mac and Windows, and even lets you use the touchscreen to perform mouse operations (click, drag, right-click, and scroll wheel).
If you have an extra Mac, we also have a Mac version of Air Display in the Mac app store. That lets you use one Mac as a second monitor for another Mac or Windows PC. And if your extra Mac is too old to run the Mac App Store, we even have a Retail edition of Air Display for Mac available on our web site.
- October 22, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- October 27, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- November 07, 2011 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- November 12, 2011 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- November 26, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- February 21, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99