We’ll Paint The Octopus Red
By Stephanie Stuve-Bodeen
Illustrated by Pam Devito
Reading Level: 4-8 years
We’ll Paint The Octopus Red: The addition of a new baby to a family is a big transition. Big sister Emma is not sure she wants a smelly, boring new baby, but a talk with Dad helps her get excited about the fun adventures she’ll have with her new sibling. Then Emma learns that her brother, Isaac, has Special Needs (Down Syndrome). Emma notices her dad’s concern and worries that she won’t be able to share adventures with the baby. But as they talk about Isaac, both Emma and her dad help each other see that Isaac is the baby they have dreamed of, concluding that “there probably wasn’t anything [Isaac] couldn’t do.”
About this App:
PicPocket Books brings quality children’s picture book literature to digital media. Now, children can enjoy their favorites stories on-the-go, even when they do not have a physical book to read.
Parents, take notice. This App:
- Does not includes analytics.
- Does not collect or share any personal data.
- Does not contain any ads.
- Does not contain any In App Purchases.
- Does not contain Social Network Integration.
- Links to the iTunes App Store for the option to see other family-friendly, educational apps from PicPocket Books and KidsMathFun.
This CHILDREN'S BOOK app promotes EARLY LEARNING and helps your children develop READING skills by connecting the spoken audio words and sounds with the written word on the page.
PicPocket Books offer a unique and new experience, combining the beauty of quality picture books with audio recordings and interactive visual text. This combination enables independent enjoyment for children regardless of reading level, subtle support for early readers, and nostalgic fun for adults.
Whether standing in a grocery line, taking a car trip, or waiting in a doctor's office, PicPocket Books provide personal, interactive story experiences. The books can be downloaded with one click or tap, and provide educational and entertainment value to children and adults alike.
Your PicPocket Book is a perfect complement to regular story time with parents or grandparents, and a gentle alternative to flashy, fast-paced digital media time.
- High fidelity, full-color illustrations that stay true to the original print book.
- High quality audio recording.
- Play-pause to start and stop the story at any time.
- Fast-forward and fast-back to replay images and audio.
Stories downloadable directly to your device, anytime, anywhere, on-the-go.
Buy it once, play it as many times as you want.
- Patent-pending technology.
Compatible with iPad
PicPocket Books is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 4-7, 8-10
Categories: BOOKS, SPECIAL NEEDS, READING
- September 30, 2011 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- October 03, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99