What's New- added printing support
- better help and feedback
- added optional in-app browser
- fixed several connectivity issues
- added cut/copy/paste support
- added additional keyboard shortcuts
- added menu commands to save and restore progress via Puzzle Sync
App DescriptionPlay Crossword puzzles from newspapers around the world right on your Mac! Each day many newspapers provide their crossword puzzles online; with one click you can download and solve them, get hints, view clues, and track how quickly you're improving. Start a puzzle on your Mac, then finish it on your iPhone or iPad.
The #1 Crossword Player on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch just landed on your Mac!
✓ New puzzles every day
✓ Synchronize puzzles between your Mac, iPhone and iPad
✓ Right-click a square to view hints
✓ Automatically downloads all of today's puzzles
✓ Nearly unlimited puzzles from many different sites
✓ US and UK Cryptic puzzles available
✓ Hints, Websites, and Clue lookups
✓ Enter answers in 'ink' or 'pencil'
✓ Quickly see your recently played, or sort by date, provider, or difficulty
✓ Detailed info on each puzzle
✓ Post your solve times online and compare with other solvers
✓ Grab older puzzles with a click
Using Puzzle Sync, you can pick up a puzzle on any device, work on it, and finish it on another, seamlessly.
Included Puzzle Sources:
• NY Times Classic Crosswords
• The Onion A.V. Club Crossword
• Philadelphia Inquirer Sunday
• Village Voice
• Chronicle of Higher Education
• The Independent
• Manchester Evening News
• King Features Crosswords
• NY Times (Premium Crosswords subscription required)
• Telegraph UK Quick & Cryptic Crosswords (subscription required)
• People Magazine
• Custom Subscription available from Brendan Emmett Quigley
* Providers list subject to change. Some providers may no longer be publishing, but may sill have older puzzles available in Archive form, accessible via the "Download Older Puzzles" option *
☆ For support, please visit our website at http://www.standalone.com ☆
Please note that Crosswords requires an internet connection to download puzzles. Puzzle Sync requires the purchase of Crosswords from the iOS App Store.
January 05, 2011 Initial Release