Are you thinking of buying an Xbox 360 Kinect controller but worried about the size of your living room or bedroom?
As many people are finding out kinect requires around 6-8 feet minimum between you and the controller to work to it's full potential.
With Can I Kinect? it takes only a few minutes to find the dimensions of your living room!
Can I Kinect? is a utility that allows you to quickly and easily get an accurate measurement from your TV or Home Entertainment Center to the opposing wall.
It will give you a distance accurate to 3 inches between your phone and the target.
Just follow these Simple steps:
- Firstly, place a target on the wall opposite kinect with blue tac, pins or selotape. The target can be a sheet of A4 paper or a game instruction booklet from any Xbox 360 game in landscape orientation. try to pick a booklet with a dark back as shown in the screenshots below.
- Next, stand next to your television or kinect controller with your iPhone at the same distance from the wall as the controller.
- Line up the target on screen and press the take photo button.
- Finally tap the target in the picture and adjust the green box till it fits around the target. The app will then tell you the distance measured and if it is above the recommended space Microsoft suggests.
Be sure before you buy a Kinect controller!
For full instructions please visit: www.sunmoresystems.com
- November 11, 2011 New version 2.0
- November 29, 2011 New version 2.1