What's NewThis update improves overall stability and performance, including the following:
• New color management: Soft Proofing, ColorSync, full sRGB support
• Enhanced PSD file format support
• Improved Automator actions
• Italian and Spanish languages added
• And much more
Included in Version 2.1
• New Healing Tool: Quickly and easily remove image imperfections or just about any image element you want, so your pictures look their absolute best.
• Retina-Ready: Both Pixelmator’s friendly user interface and its powerful image editing engine are now optimized for the Retina display.
• iCloud: Built right into the app and keeps your Pixelmator work up to date across all your Macs.
• Effects Browser: The best and the most fun way to browse: instantly preview and quickly apply special effects or add color adjustments to images.
• New Effects: Use the new Vintage, Miniaturize, Black and White, Rain, and Snow effects.
• Alignment Guides: Quickly position, align, and evenly distribute objects in your Pixelmator compositions with pinpoint accuracy.
• OS X Mountain Lion Support: Pixelmator takes full advantage of all the latest and greatest technologies.
App DescriptionPixelmator is an inspiring, easy-to-use, beautifully designed image editor built to help you create stunning new images and edit your existing photos.
Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest Mac technologies, giving you speedy, powerful tools that let you touch up and enhance images, draw or paint, apply gorgeous effects, and just have fun with your pictures. Once your images are ready, access them anywhere with iCloud, send them to iPhoto or Aperture, email, print, or save them to popular image formats, or share them through Facebook, Flickr, and more—all right from Pixelmator.
And the new Pixelmator 2.1 is optimized for the new Retina display on the MacBook Pro, with full support for OS X Mountain Lion.
A powerful, pixel-accurate collection of selection tools
• Quickly and easily select any part of an image
• Edit and apply special effects to portions of your pictures
• Select and remove unwanted elements of your photos
• Cut out objects from one image to place in another
Top-notch painting tools
• Paint with Pixelmator as you would on canvas
• Use different brush sizes, shapes, hardness and blending modes
• Cover any area with beautiful gradients and color fills
New drawing tools
• Easily add, create, combine and edit shapes
• Pre-drawn shape tools allow quickly adding lines, circles, rectangles, polygons and stars into your compositions
• Effortlessly add shadows and adjust fill and stroke settings for shapes
• Create buttons, icons, web page elements, illustrations and much more
• Correct wrinkles and repair scratches
• Make flaws vanish from your photos, or improve compositions
• Remove unwanted objects seamlessly from their backgrounds
• Blur, sharpen, lighten or darken specific areas
• Get rid of the red eye effect with just one click
• Combine different tools and filters for an endless number of ways to refine your images
A real filter-machine
• Over 150 breathtaking filters and special effects
• Combine different effects for unique, near-effortless artistic creations
• See the stunning results in real-time
An elegant collection of professional-grade color correction tools
• Adjust exposure, hue, saturation, shadows and highlights, brightness, contrast and much more
• Replace and remix colors
• Dramatically improve less-than-perfect images with one click
• Designed for intuitive ease of use
• Send your images directly to iPhoto or Aperture
• Open and save images using PSD, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, PDF and many other popular formats
• Open and save Photoshop images with layers
iCloud, sharing, and saving for the web
• Let iCloud automatically store your edited images and seamlessly take your work to all your Macs
• Email your photos and image creations right from Pixelmator
• Publish your images to social applications like Flickr, Twitter and Facebook
• Optimize and save images for use on your web pages, blogs, photo albums and more
Built exclusively for OS X
• Pixelmator uses all the latest OS X technologies: Cocoa, 64-Bit, OpenGL, Core Image, iSight, Automator, Quartz Composer and much more
Best of Mac App Store 2011: App of the Year 2011
Apple Design Award Winner
May 10, 2013 New version 2.2
December 15, 2012 New version 2.1.4
November 21, 2012 Price Decrease: $29.99 -> $14.99
November 09, 2012 New version 2.1.3
October 11, 2012 New version 2.1.2
January 04, 2011 Initial Release