-Fix for launch issues when running under OSX 10.7 Lion
This resource is provided for personal use only. It must not be used for whole-class instruction via whiteboard or projector, unless every student in the class also has their own digital copy.
Read, watch and listen as Shakespeare In Bits brings to life the tragic tale of the murderous Macbeth in one complete multi-media experience on Mac.
With two and a half hours of unabridged text, fully animated re-enactment and complete professional audio soundtrack, featuring the voices of Stephen Dillane and Fiona Shaw, Shakespeare in Bits Macbeth is the only study guide you will need to learn, teach and appreciate one of the finest works of the famous Bard.
Experience Shakespeare in all his glory
Understand and appreciate the linguistic richness of Shakespeare’s Macbeth with the original play text, broken into easily digested ‘bits’. In-line translation helps to understand difficult words and phrases within the context of the original play text.
Hear it, See it
Two-and-a-half hours of high-resolution animation with professional audio soundtrack help you to decode and comprehend Shakespeare’s fertile prose quickly and efficiently. The text, presented side-by-side with animated action, is easy to follow with portions of text being highlighted as they are being spoken in the play. The integrated combination of text, audio and graphics is designed to facilitate learners of varying abilities and learning styles.
Biographies for each cast character can be accessed from the main play or through a dedicated Cast feature. An illustrated character relationship map demonstrates key characters and their inter-relationships in the play.
Ace that Exam
Each Shakespeare In Bits title provides a wide selection of integrated analyses and study notes for each scene to help you understand plot summaries, key themes, language, imagery and quotes from the play. An easy-to-navigate visual scene selection menu is also provided to help you to quickly get familiar with the play’s sequence of events or to jump to your scene of choice.
- The unabridged original play text, broken into easily digested ‘bits’
- Complete notes, summaries, and analyses for each section
- A unique in-line translation system for obscure words and phrases
- Nearly two-and-a-half hours of animation, featuring the voices of Stephen Dillane and Fiona Shaw. (Audio provided by Naxos Audiobooks)
- Biographies for each character, accessed from the main play or through the cast browser
- A character relationship map, demonstrating key relationships in the play.
- A side-by-side main play view that presents the animations and the text at the same time
- High-resolution animations
- A text highlight feature, that highlights the current line of text being spoken in the animation
- Text highlight while seeking through an animation video, which allows you to easily navigate to a particular line in an animation
- Simple tab-bar navigation through all of the features in the play.
This title is also available in an iPad and iPhone edition exclusively on the App Store.
"Shakespeare In Bits: Romeo & Juliet" and "Shakespeare In Bits: A Midsummer Night's Dream" also available now on the App Store and the Mac App Store.
- June 18, 2014 Initial release