148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: PURE :: Read Our Full Review >>
Daedalus Touch is a purist and minimalist's dream, providing straight to the point text editing.
What's NewThe Tiny Update for Bigger & Bigger Screens
- Adopted for the new screen sizes of iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Fixed issues with iOS 8
- Added stuff in anticipation of Ulysses for iPad
App DescriptionβMy Favorite iPad Text Editor.β β Charlie Sorrel, WIRED
βA purist and minimalistβs dream.β β Jennifer Allen, 148Apps
βItβs a killer app, and a welcome addition to my writing life.β β Zach LeBar, iPad.AppStorm
Daedalus Touch is the first truly next-gen text editor on iOS. No file lists, no folders, no documents in the classic sense β just paper stacks and an infinite amount of sheets. You navigate by standard gestures, all perfectly mapped and matched to the tasks at hand.
Interacting with digital texts never felt so natural: Flick through pages by swiping left and right, reorder stacks and sheets via dragβnβdrop, use tap to open, pinch to close, and select multiple sheets for export with simple taps.
Watch it all at http://www.daedalusapp.com/
The basic version fully utilizes iCloud to keep your texts updated across all of your devices. Itβs also tightly integrated with Ulysses for OS X, so you can edit all your texts on the desktop. A simple export facility lets you print and send emails from within the app.
For advanced functionality, several in-app purchases are available:
1) Full synchronization via Dropbox, Box.com and WebDAV, including the option to import .txt and .md files into Daedalus.
2) File export, creating TXT-, PDF-, RTF- and ePub-files with Markdown conversion. Files can be sent as attachments or opened in other apps installed on your device.
3) Additional color themes and the option to use any font you want.
4) All of the above in one complete package.
Please note that users who purchased Daedalus prior to 1.7 will get the full version at no additional cost. Free lunch.
Create, share and synchronize your writings in a beautiful, inspiring environment. Daedalus Touch completely ditches the technical aspects of current-gen text editors and word processors in favor of a natural, fully realized paper stack metaphor.
- Stacks and sheets instead of folders and files.
- Manual sorting of stacks and sheets (no, really).
- Always-on global search. Modeless match highlighting; result stepper.
- Responsive editor, even for large texts (20.000 words and more).
- Highly configurable extra keyboard row, including Fwd-Del and Tab.
- Character- and word count.
- Built-in support for TextExpander touch.
- Built-in web browser to quickly look up or post stuff on the internet (iPad only)
- Support for x-callback-url (Drafts, Launch Center pro etc.).
- Full iCloud sync and backup.
- Export via email and iTunes sharing
- Manual sync with Dropbox, Box.com and/or WebDAV; import folders, set remote sync-folders, sync single stacks, set cloud services on-the-fly.
- File export via email and iOS' βOpen inβ¦β service.
- Unlimited font choices, four different color choices (including a βnightβ mode for writing atβ¦ well, night).
- Support for all common Markdown extensions such as .md, .mdown and .markdown.
- Option to process Markdown when exporting to ePub or PDF.
- Universal app, runs on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
- Built for iOS 7.
February 22, 2015 New version 1.8
July 03, 2014 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
January 14, 2014 New version 1.7.1
December 18, 2013 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> FREE!
December 18, 2013 New version 1.7
May 20, 2011 Initial Release