148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: PURE :: Read Our Full Review >>
Daedalus Touch is a purist and minimalist's dream, providing straight to the point text editing.
What's NewThis update fixes a crash during export and iOS 5 launch issues. We also fixed a few more iOS 7 issues.
App DescriptionβMy Favorite iPad Text Editor.β β Charlie Sorrel, WIRED
βA purist and minimalistβs dream.β β Jennifer Allen, 148Apps
βItβs a killer app, and a welcome addition to my writing life.β β Zach LeBar, iPad.AppStorm
Daedalus Touch is the first truly next-gen text editor on iOS. No file lists, no folders, no documents in the classic sense β just paper stacks and an infinite amount of sheets. You navigate by standard gestures, all perfectly mapped and matched to the tasks at hand.
Interacting with digital texts never felt so natural: Flick through pages by swiping left and right, reorder stacks and sheets via dragβnβdrop, use tap to open, pinch to close, and select multiple sheets for export with simple taps.
Watch it all at http://www.daedalusapp.com/
Daedalus Touch fully utilizes iCloud to keep your texts updated across all of your devices. It also offers full synchronization via Dropbox, Box.com and WebDAV and includes export facilities to print, send emails, and create TXT-, PDF- and ePub-files β all from within the app.
Sheets and stacks can be sent to other iOS apps (TXT, PDF, ePub), while Daedalus accepts plain text files via βOpen Inβ¦β; compose in Daedalus, then format in Pages or read in iBooks β no problem.
Create, share and synchronize your writings in a beautiful, inspiring environment. Daedalus Touch completely ditches the technical aspects of current-gen text editors and word processors in favor of a natural, fully realized paper stack metaphor.
- Stacks and sheets instead of folders and files.
- Manual sorting of stacks and sheets (no, really).
- Always-on global search. Modeless match highlighting; result stepper.
- Responsive editor, even for large texts (20.000 words and more).
- Highly configurable extra keyboard row, including Fwd-Del and Tab.
- Character- and word count.
- Built-in support for TextExpander touch.
- Built-in web browser to quickly look up or post stuff on the internet (iPad only)
- Three different font choices, four different color choices (including βdarkβ modes for writing at night).
- Full iCloud sync and backup.
- Manual sync with Dropbox, Box.com and/or WebDAV; import folders, set remote sync-folders, sync single stacks, set cloud services on-the-fly.
- Export via email, iTunes sharing and iOS' βOpen inβ¦β service.
- Support for all common Markdown extensions such as .md, .mdown and .markdown.
- Option to process Markdown when exporting to ePub or PDF.
- Universal app, runs on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
December 02, 2013 New version 1.5.9
December 01, 2013 New version 1.5.8
December 01, 2013 New version 1.5.9
November 26, 2013 New version 1.5.8
May 04, 2013 New version 1.5.7
May 03, 2013 New version 1.5.6
May 20, 2011 Initial Release