- performance enhancements
The first in the Nickelodeon Literacy Suite, Dora ABCs Vol 1: Letters & Letter Sounds focuses on your child’s emerging literacy skills. In this application, your child will learn the Alphabetic Principle: to recognize letters, write letters and associate letters with sounds. Once children are able to hear and discern sounds (phonemes), they are ready to associate those sounds with letters. That means kids learn their ABC’s with Dora and Boots in this exciting educational game!
What’s that Dora and Boots see up in the sky? It’s Tico in his Nutty Plane, writing letters and drawing pictures. But he needs you to help him with his ABC’s! Pick up all the nuts he needs to power the plane by tracing the letters.
After that, help Tico make a picture in the sky. What’s that picture that begins with the letter A? An Apple! It’s such an adventure to explore, learn and read with Dora.
As your child traces the letters, Dora reinforces the sound of each of the letters. Supportive directions and sound effects help guide your child in learning their letters.
A new game, Letter and Picture Match, reinforces initial letter sounds by grouping pictures that start with the same sound. A letter select screen allows your child to play any game on any letter they choose. With the educational activity of tracing letters, the interactive tilting action, and the picture guessing, Dora ABCs Vol 1: Letters & Letter Sounds will keep kids entertained, all while learning their ABC’s! Ready for some high-flying letter learning? Let’s go!
Dora ABCs Vol 1: Letters & Letter Sounds includes: •Easy to use tutorials lead by Dora •Tracing Uppercase and Lowercase Letters of the alphabet •Hearing and reinforcement of letters sounds •A tap and drag game to put letters in the correct holes. •78 pictures that reinforce letters sounds and initial letters •A new game, Letter and Picture Match, reinforces initial letter sounds by grouping pictures that start with the same sound. •A letter select screen that allows you to choose any letter to play •Curriculum developed and reviewed by preschool education expert •Player profiles now allow more than one child to play and save their progress •Parent Reporting which shows you how your child is progressing in the app.
End User License Agreement:
- April 09, 2011 New version 1.2
- January 14, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- January 13, 2011 New version 1.1
- December 22, 2010 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- July 22, 2011 Initial release
- December 20, 2011 New version 1.3
- December 20, 2011 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- December 22, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- January 07, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- January 25, 2012 New version 1.4
- January 27, 2012 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- April 17, 2012 New version 1.5
- July 14, 2012 New version 1.6
- December 14, 2012 New version 1.7
- December 20, 2012 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- January 02, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- January 03, 2013 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- February 16, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- March 28, 2013 New version 1.8
- June 23, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- August 01, 2013 New version 1.9
- August 01, 2013 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- October 15, 2013 New version 1.10
- September 03, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- September 12, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- November 03, 2014 New version 1.11