148Apps Review SummaryRead Our Full Review >>
Toontastic is a important app for iPad that teaches dramatic structure in a way that is creative and fun, perfect for both home and school settings.
What's NewHowdy Toontastic Nation!
We're very excited to announce that Toontastic is now 100% FREE! With this update, we've unlocked every playset and feature for you to create all the swashbuckling adventure tales, intergalactic space battles, and breaking news reports your hearts desire.
We've also made improvements to our video export tool to support a wider range of video services and online storage systems.
Thank you as always for your support and your creativity. Happy Tooning!
- Your Friends at Launchpad Toys
App DescriptioniTunes - App Store Hall of Fame
NY Times - "Top 10 iPad Apps"
Lights, Camera, Play! Toontastic is a creative storytelling app that enables kids to draw, animate, and share their own cartoons with friends and family around the world. With over 14 million cartoons created in 200+ countries, parents and teachers rave about the app... and kids can't stop creating!
Making cartoons with Toontastic is as easy as putting on a puppet show - simply press the record button, move your characters onscreen, and tell your story. Toontastic records your animation and voice as a cartoon video to share with friends and family.
PACKED WITH FEATURES!
- Hundreds of Characters and Backgrounds: Ignite your family’s imaginations with 50 playsets chock full of pirates, princesses, and far away galaxies.
- Special FX: Create your own Hollywood blockbusters complete with explosions, tornadoes, rainstorms… and falling anvils :)
- Video Export: Save videos to the Camera Roll to post online or edit in iMovie.
- Toy Camera: Take and import photo backgrounds to turn your playroom into a movie studio and add your own photo faces to characters.
- ProtoToys: Draw your own animated characters complete with rocket boosters, helicopter blades, flying capes, and more animated effects.
“Kids and parents will agree: Toontastic is fantastic. The app offers a creative and engaging educational experience that builds a critical new bridge between informal and formal learning.”
-Michael Levine, Executive Director: Joan Ganz Cooney Center at Sesame Workshop
If you have any thoughts, suggestions or issues, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Launchpad Toys
At Launchpad Toys, we build digital toys and tools like Toontastic and TeleStory that empower kids to create and share stories through imaginative play. We're a small team of developers/artists/big-kids in San Francisco, CA... with lots of help from creative kids in the neighborhood :)
February 16, 2015 New version 2.15.2
July 07, 2014 New version 2.9.0
February 14, 2014 New version 2.8.0
January 29, 2014 New version 2.7.0
December 11, 2013 New version 2.6.1
November 07, 2013 New version 2.5.1
January 18, 2011 Initial Release