What's NewNew in 1.18.1: Bug fixes! :)
New in 1.18:
Version 1.18 introduces an all new rendering and compositing engine! Use large brushes and lots of layers now at super fast speed! This powers great improvements throughout the app and also sets the stage for even more exciting improvements in upcoming updates.
More new stuff!
• Layer transform upgrades! Use handles for easy layer resizing. Tap and hold a handle for perspective warps and shearing! Use tiling with perspective for amazing effects!
• Support for the new Jot Touch 4 with high precision pressure sensitivity and configurable buttons!
• Canvas quick flip. Zoom out the canvas to find a quick flip button at the top middle of screen. This is great to quickly see your sketch from a different perspective and spot errors.
• You can now mirror in both horizontal and vertical directions at the same time! While mirroring helpful guidelines now appear.
• New fun Web preset for the Procedural tool!
• Enhanced Smudge tool with new orientation option and bonus paint mode!
• Blur tool is now separated out from Smudge and includes a new strength setting to configure your blur just the way you like it
• New fullscreen option with sketch live streaming! This is great for the online classes and demos
• High quality brush flow on iPad 2+ allows for super smooth soft airbrush at low Flow settings and really nice control with pressure sensitivity
• The layer blend mode On can be used for quick layer masks and enhanced support with hidden mask layers and merging make this even more useful than ever
• Select bottom layer for new Merge visible option alongside Merge all
• Sketch recordings and class videos now playback at high resolution in the community browser
Also lots of smaller enhancements and bug fixes for you to enjoy. Hope you like the update, still great things to come! ^_^
App Description** On sale this weekend celebrating the new 1.18 update!! Jump in and have some fun while it's crazy crazy cheap!! :) **
Sketch Club provides not just fantastic tools to create but also motivation and inspiration to keep you going through an integrated online community. You can upload your sketches to let others rate and comment as well as enter daily challenges and fun weekly competitions with fabulous prizes! You can even create speed painting videos with direct uploads to YouTube as well as broadcast your own sketching livestreams! Come see what people are creating at SketchClub.com
Do you like features? Good news, Sketch Club has LOTS of those!! :)
• Fluid multitouch canvas rotate and zoom
• Uncluttered user interface with quick access to optional floating elements behind the canvas
• Floating reference image, quick tool size and opacity controls, and pop up color swatch
• Lots of settings to customize the app to your own unique preferences
• Universal binary you can use on all your iPads, iPhones, and iPod touches and send sketches between
• Tightly integrated online community including a community brush library, backgrounds and coloring templates
• Sketch Club has a unique set of flexible digital brushes, pens, vector tools, old school pixel art, and fun procedural tools!
• Each tools can function in a variety of modes adding to the canvas, restricted to only modify color leaving transparency intact, or erasing
• Brush has 44 built in presets and new brushes can be created from photos, shared via e-mail and downloaded from the Sketch Club community brush library!
• Pen tool has many presets to achieve different styles like calligraphy, fountain pen, and velocity or pressure based thickness
• Pen and Vector tools have configurable simplification and smoothing system to ensure clean lines with even shaky hands
• Vector tool can create smooth filled shapes, and even gradients
• Smudge tool can smear, blend, and blur with any brush shape you choose
• All tools support freehand drawing as well as line, circle, and square shapes there's even mirroring for symmetric drawings like faces!
• 10 layers with controls for opacity, compositing modes, and common functions like copying and merging
• Layer transform tool to move, resize, rotate, flip and even tile layers
• Layer filters to easily adjust color, perform blurs, achieve cool effects and more!
• Import from your photo library or iTunes file sharing
• Export to e-mail in JPG, PNG (with or without transparency), PSD and native .sketchClub formats
• Also sending to Facebook, iTunes file sharing, photo library and AirPrint printers
• Load sketches, custom brushes, and pen or procedural presets directly from Mail app into Sketch Club
• Tight integration with SketchClub.com online community
• Daily challenges so you always have fun fresh ideas (there's even a fun idea generator!)
• Weekly competitions with prizes like gift cards, art books, styluses, shirts, and even iPads!
• Live stream and chat directly from within Sketch Club as you draw!
• Library of shared community templates and brushes directly in the app
• Learn from other artists through tutorials, speed painting videos, and live stream classes
• Become fans of other artists and grow your own fan base as you develop your skills
• Forums, chat, and realtime collaborative drawing on the community whiteboard
• Push notifications for activity on your sketches. Find out right away when people comment on your sketches, give them hearts, and when your sketches win in competitions!
• Be inspired by over 250,000 works of art all created on the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch!
iPhone screenshots by Macsorro, Unihorse, Terra€otta, Jrmjesus and Shadoweddimples
iPhone 5 screenshots by Macsorro, Unihorse, and Koban
iPad screenshots by Vermeer, Monkeyjess, Roberto Rendón, Pastor Bob, and
Fae By McKay (featuring her co op with Abbey-Gray)
May 12, 2013 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
May 12, 2013 New version 1.18.1
May 08, 2013 New version 1.18
January 24, 2013 New version 1.17.2
January 18, 2013 New version 1.17.1
January 17, 2013 New version 1.17
November 23, 2010 Initial Release