Support retina displays.
(New) - Supports vSphere 5.5
Connect to your Vmware® vCenter or to your ESX(i) server and take control of your Virtual Machines on the go!
The ideal application for Data Center Administrators who want to have a life outside of work too! :) It does not replace your vSphere® Client, but it comes really close to it.
Please check this link for VMConsole in-app configuration. Please let us know your feedback for things that are not clear.
iVMControl allows you to connect remotely and securely to your Virtualization Hypervisors and monitor the activity on the hosts and on the VMs.
-check alarms, events and task status
-status for every host and VM
-Power operations on VMs and Hosts
-Performance graphs (CPU/memory/NIC/HDD)
-make/restore/manage snapshots of VMs.
-Grouping of Hosts into datacenters
-Grouping of VMs into host systems
-Multiple vCenter/ESXi connections
-screenshots for VMs
As in-app purchase we offer the following additional capability:
- VM console via VNC (this is a one time purchase, it doesn't matter how many virtual machines you have, it's still the price of one in-app).
For a video demo check:
Visit iVMControl's page here:
Console support for ESX/vCenter:
Please note that regardless of the connection point (ESX(i)/vCenter), the console connects *directly* to the ESX host where the VM you want to monitor resides. This implies you need to make sure that your ESX hosts have IP addresses that are *routable*, otherwise you will not be able to access the VNC console. IPs in the form 10.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x are *not* routable, if your ESX has one of these, you will not be able to access the console through vCenter. Even if the IPs are routable, you need to make sure that the port configured (in the range 5900-5909) is allowed through your firewall for each ESX device you want to connect to.
In case of a stand-alone ESX(i), a private IP can be used, but the port(s) needs to be forwarded in a similar manner (E.g. if your ESX has IP address 192.168.1.100 and your Internet-facing IP address is say 220.127.116.11, you need to make sure both the SSL port (443) and the VNC ports used (5900-5909) are being forwarded to the *same* IP address - 18.104.22.168:443 -> 192.168.1.100:443 and 22.214.171.124:(5900-5909) -> 192.168.1.100:(5900-5909).
Furthermore, please make note of the fact that only the 8-character password is encrypted with the standard VNC client. All VNC client traffic is sent unencrypted across the network. If security is a concern in your organization, you need to be aware of this. You can disable your VNC terminal once you are done with the Console session (use Configure Console and disable VNC altogether).
VMWare Tools needs to be installed on each and every VM that is monitored through iVMControl's console connection. Check the Vmware knowledge base on other requirements:
- Single click, pan and zoom are standard as any iPhone application
- Tap with two fingers for right click
- Ctrl-Alt-Del button sends a Ctrl-Alt-Del sequence to the VM
- Keyboard button will raise/lower the keyboard.
More to come (let us know what other features you would like to see!).
** NOTE ** VMware decided to offer read-only access to the management APIs for the *FREE* version of ESXi. This applies to all management applications, and is enforced by VMware. What this means for iVMControl is that if you have a FREE ESXi, you will be able to use only the 'read-only' (monitoring) functions of iVMControl.
- September 02, 2011 New version 2.3
- September 09, 2011 New version 2.3.1
- November 18, 2011 New version 2.3.3
- November 22, 2011 New version 2.3.4
- December 07, 2011 New version 2.3.5
- December 15, 2011 New version 2.3.6
- December 22, 2011 New version 2.3.7
- January 12, 2012 New version 2.3.8
- March 06, 2012 New version 2.3.9
- April 10, 2012 New version 2.3.10
- April 21, 2012 New version 2.3.11
- June 06, 2012 New version 2.4
- June 07, 2012 New version 2.5
- June 19, 2012 New version 2.5.1
- September 02, 2012 New version 2.5.3
- September 25, 2012 New version 2.5.4
- November 03, 2012 New version 2.5.5
- November 11, 2012 New version 2.5.6
- December 18, 2012 New version 2.5.7
- October 05, 2013 New version 2.5.8
- December 02, 2013 New version 2.5.9
- December 15, 2013 New version 2.5.10
- January 31, 2014 New version 2.5.11
- February 12, 2014 New version 2.6.0
- February 18, 2014 New version 2.6.1
- March 29, 2014 New version 2.6.2
- October 07, 2015 New version 2.7.0
- November 03, 2015 New version 2.7.1