What's New• You can now import and export your bookmarks - just tap the Bookmarks toolbar icon, then Import or Export.
• Folders are now supported for bookmarks.
• Made it possible (again) to delete background tabs, provided they're large enough.
• Added a padlock icon when viewing secure sites.
• A few other bug fixes.
Got a comment or question? A bug that needs to be fixed? PLEASE send me an email at email@example.com. Thanks!
App DescriptionSwitch lets different people browse the web on a single iPad while keeping their own history, bookmarks and tabs.
Ever got frustrated because your girlfriend/husband's sites are open in every tab in Safari? Switch is for you! Each person who uses your iPad gets their own user account, so each time you open Switch, everything is just how you left it.
There's even a Guest account for people borrowing iPad for a quick surf. When your friends log out of Switch, or just lock the screen, their browsing history is cleared so they can safely surf without worrying about privacy.
Switch is an app like any other and so can't provide password protection for other apps -- just the tabs, bookmarks and history in its own browser. If you want to keep your Facebook or Gmail sessions private, for example, you'll need to make sure you access these only from within Switch.
- Share an iPad between the family without getting in each other's way
- Use a single password to protect your email, facebook and other websites
- Keep your own tabs and bookmarks for faster browsing
- Search your history by typing in the location bar
- Let friends use your iPad without giving them access to your online accounts
- Switch between website logins easily without retyping your password
- Use the guest account for extra privacy when surfing - your history is erased when you close Switch or lock the screen
- Ever get nervous leaving iPad around with your email account logged in? With Switch, everything is protected by one password, automatically enabled when the screen is locked
- Smooth animations and a simple, beautiful interface make Switch a joy to use
Everyone gets their own history, bookmarks and tabs so the kids see kids' stuff and the grown ups see grown ups' stuff.
FOR POWER USERS!
Have more than one login for some sites? Want to quickly reset your cookies before browsing? Switch makes this easy.
Switch is a great development tool. Want to quickly swap beween regular user accounts and admins on the site you're making? Set up a Switch account for each user type, or use the Guest account for a fresh start each time.
FOR THE PARANOID!
If they're out to get you, why leave your browsing history for anyone who picks up your iPad? With Switch everything is hidden behind your account password, or you can use the Guest account to hide your history even from yourself.
FOR PEOPLE WITH MOUSTACHES!
Why not keep a couple of accounts just for yourself? One for regular browsing and another filled with all your favorite moustache-related sites. 9 tabs filled with moustache goodness! Does it get any better?
It is hard to remember everything these days, isn't it? Luckily Switch lets you search your history from the location bar. Unlike Safari, it uses the page title too, so type "pea" and you'll find the pea soup you saw on your favorite recipe site. Just tap to go there.
MADE WITH LOVE
Switch is hand-built in rainy Ireland by me, Michael O'Brien. I've put a lot into it, but I have loads of ideas left. Buy this app and you're supporting an indie developer and getting a great app that will get better and better over time.
September 23, 2013 New version 1.9.6
July 24, 2013 New version 1.9.5
July 18, 2013 New version 1.9.4
July 13, 2013 New version 1.9.3
June 28, 2013 New version 1.9.2
June 18, 2013 New version 1.9.1
November 25, 2010 Initial Release