What's NewBIG thanks to all our customers for your continued support. You inspire us every day with what you accomplish!
IN THIS UPDATE:
- Introducing RunHelper Connect
- Larger pace and distance display
- Bug fixes
Next update: workout screen redesign + iPhone 5 larger screen support
INTRODUCING RUNHELPER CONNECT
This has been something we've been wanting to do ever since early versions of our first app, and we are so excited it's finally here: a companion website for your training apps.
Automatically upload your workout data from your app to RunHelper Connect, where it's safely stored in case you lose your data. But that's not all. Login to runhelper.com and see your entire workout history from all your Bluefin apps at one place.
- Graphs show your weekly, monthly and yearly progress
- Print and export your workout history
- Get automatic workout reminders if you miss a workout
- Share workout stats on social media and decide which elements are kept private or public
- Get weekly workout summary emails and keep your training on track
RunHelper Connect subscriptions are available in 3, 6, and 12 month increments. Get your subscription during the introductory sale right from the app. For more info and video tour visit: http://runhelper.com
LARGER PACE AND DISTANCE DISPLAY
In this update we have increased the size of pace and distance values so that they are easier to read while running.
- Fixed occasional app crashes
- Fixed an issue with metric units and pre-populated weight
- Other bug fixes
We'd love to hear from you! Send us your successes, questions or suggestions at email@example.com
- Alex, Tanya and the Bluefin Team
App DescriptionGet ready for your first half marathon by training with Hal Higdon the best known running author and athlete. His training programs have helped thousands reach their running goals, and this half marathon app will help you get to the starting line with confidence.
Hal Higdon's many accomplishments include:
* Author of 35 books, including the best-selling Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide and a new novel, Marathon
* Completed over 111 marathons and has won four overall victories and numerous age-group firsts
* Holds the current M40 and M45 American records for the steeplechase
* Is one of the founders of Round Runners Club of America
* Has contributed to Runner's World magazine longer than any other writer
ABOUT THE TRAINING PLAN - NOVICE 1
This Novice 1 Half Marathon Training Program is designed both for beginner runners who want to prepare for a 13.1-mile race, but also for experienced runners interested in a fail safe program that will help them to excel without making excessive demands on their time.
Novice 1 is designed for newcomers, individuals who have done very little or even no running before. If you are fit enough to finish the Week 1 long run of 4 miles--even if you have to walk the distance--Novice 1 will get you ready to complete a half marathon in 12 weeks.
Before starting to train for a half marathon, you need to possess a basic fitness level. If you are over age 35, you probably should see your doctor for a physical exam, but assuming no major health problems, most healthy people can train themselves to complete a 13.1-mile race.
The training plan assumes you have the ability to run 3 miles, three to four times a week. If that seems difficult, consider a shorter distance for your first race. You can try our best selling Ease into 5K app which will prepare you to run 3 miles three times a week.
* Twelve weeks long
* Run three days a week
* Cross train two days a week
* Rest two days a week
* Two regular runs a week + one long run each week
* Long runs range from 4 to 10 miles
* The plan finishes with the 1/2 marathon on race day
* New - You can set Saturday or Sunday race day
* Hal Higdon's voice will encourage you during your runs
* Distance and pace automatically tracked with built in GPS
* Metric units support
* Training schedule at your fingertips
* See dates for recommended 5K and 10K races during your training
* Set your training start date based on the race date
* Home screen shows a visual indicator of your training progress
* Select your own music and skip tracks without leaving the app
* Half point alert, letting you know when to turn back
* Share your workouts on Facebook and Twitter right from your app
* Lock Buttons feature prevents accidental button activation during workouts
* Excellent customer support
* Journal screen lets you document your run
* Keep track of your runs on the in app calendar
* Beautiful graphs show your progress
* Set a goal for distance, pace, weight loss, and distance ran
* See your run on a map
* Sync your runs with TrainingPeaks software online directly from your mobile device
Because this app needs accurate location information, this app requires a device with a GPS antenna, therefore the app works with iPhone 3G, 3GS, iPhone 4, and 4GS and is not compatible with the iPod touch.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Compatible with iOS 6.0
January 29, 2014 New version 3.4
November 26, 2013 New version 3.3.9
October 01, 2013 New version 3.3.8
September 26, 2013 New version 3.3.6
November 06, 2012 New version 3.3.2
November 30, 2011 New version 3.2.4
March 28, 2011 Initial Release