- Ember now auto-detects new GIFs added to your library and applies a new, special “GIF” type - high-five.gif!
- Fixes problems snapping webpages in the Ember browser.
- Fixes problems screen recording on OS X Yosemite.
“Ember is powerful, sexy, smart, and worth every penny.” — MacStories
“An uncomplicated app that’s a joy to use” — GigaOm
“Ember is an extremely slick app whose developers have paid fanatical attention to every detail” — Macworld
Ember is your digital scrapbook of things that inspire you - be it websites, photos, apps or other things. Just drag in images that you want to keep, organise them into relevant collections, annotate the images you need to give feedback on, and share your images to your favourite web services.
Ember is built exclusively for the Mac for creatives like you, and we’re just getting started. We hope you enjoy it.
• Support for all your favourite file types
Ember helps you organise your entire creative life, with support for JPEG, PNG, GIF, PSD, PDF, Adobe Illustrator, SVG, QuickTime Video, Plain Text, and Markdown files.
• Organise your ideas and design inspiration
Drag in images from your Mac and around the web, and organise them into Collections. Apply tags to images, and build Smart Collections based on the tags and other metadata in your library.
• Subscribe to your favourite websites
Subscriptions allow you to visually browse the web. Images can be saved to your Ember library, and shared with friends and co-workers.
• Build a scrapbook of designs you love
Save websites to your Ember library from Safari and Chrome with the powerful browser extensions. Ember doesn’t need to be running*, and you can send images to collections right from your browser. Ember uses the width of your browser window when snapping, meaning that the layout is exactly the same in the captured image.
Ember also features a responsive browser, allowing you to save responsive webpages at any desired width, and the Element Selection mode detects appropriate areas of the webpage to snap as you roll over them. There’s even handy presets for your favourite iOS devices to quickly set the browser width.
Use natural language (for example, “Light Blue”) to search your library, and find matching images. You can even use Colours as rules in Ember’s powerful Smart Collections - for example, group all your five-star rated white Interior Designs together.
• Sync with iCloud or Dropbox
Store your Ember library in iCloud or Dropbox, and sync it across any Mac.
• Take Screenshots
Take screenshots with Ember, and they’ll automatically appear in your library with the name of the app applied to them. You can capture Fullscreen, Timed Fullscreen, Area and “Window” images.
• Sketch feedback on your images
Beautiful drawing and text tools allow you to give feedback on images. Cropping and rotation ensure that your images are always perfectly sized and aligned.
• Go Full Screen
Work undistracted with Ember in its own space.
• Share with friends and co-workers
Send your images with Email, AirDrop, Messages, iCloud, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Flickr and CloudApp
• Auto-detects iPhone and iPad screenshots
Library organisation has never been easier: just drag in those PNGs from your favourite iOS device and Ember will automatically sort them into “Phone” and “Tablet” for you!
We’re just getting started with Ember, and will be bringing you frequent updates with even more features and improvements. Be sure to follow @EmberApp on Twitter, or sign up for the newsletter in Ember itself, to keep up to date with the latest news!
* Just turn on the “Always Enable Browser Extensions” option in Preferences to snap without Ember being open.
- June 17, 2014 Initial release
- August 02, 2014 New version 1.8
- September 11, 2014 New version 1.8.1
- October 21, 2014 New version 1.8.2
- September 14, 2015 New version 1.8.3