What's New• Improved compatibility with Mac OS X Lion.
• Full screen mode with visible control panel (in Lion).
• Save at exact original size.
App DescriptionSketchMee is the most advanced automatic pencil sketch generator in the world, but very easy to use and super fast. Sketches are actually drawn, stroke by stroke, on a blank paper.
Some of the awards:
- Selected as main front page feature app in Mac App Store.
- Featured by Apple under "Personal Projects".
- Rated 4/5 stars in MacWorld (SE).
- App of the day on TUAW.com
- Rated 5 stars on Mac.informer.com
The successful SketchMee apps for iPhone and iPad have redefined what's possible to achieve in computer generated art with just a few taps, leaving even desktop computer software behind. Until now, that is.
SketchMee on a Mac brings the technology to a whole new level. The processing power enables the algorithms to shift into higher gears and generate new and incredible results. What became possible surprised even ourselves during development!
EASY TO USE
All you need to do is to open an image file. It is then automatically processed with the great default settings. Then just save the result.
The somewhat more advanced user may want to change some settings in the control panel. A small number of well balanced, very powerful controls are available for you to try out. A good way to start experimenting is to try the 10 built-in presets on your photos by pressing Cmd-1, Cmd-2 etc. And should you find your own favorite settings, store them as new presets.
If you want to use only a part of the input image, just click "Crop Input…", select a width-to-height ratio, zoom, pan, and crop. Reset crop at any time to restore the original input image.
Traditional image filters just produce an image the same size as the input, but not SketchMee: A sketch is made up of thousands of mathematically defined pencil strokes, layered in clever ways to achieve the correct amount of shading in every part of the image. This powerful approach enables some unique features:
• Regardless of the size of your input image, your sketch can be saved as a 16 megapixel, perfectly sharp, high quality JPEG, fit for any use.
• Even if you crop your sketch heavily (click "Crop Output…"), you can save the remaining sketch fragment as a sharp, full resolution, 16 megapixel JPEG.
• Zoom in as deep as you like to inspect the strokes. They appear perfectly crisp at any zoom level.
SketchMee performs the highly complex processing in parallel – making full use of every processor core in your Mac – when analyzing the input images as well as when rendering the finished sketches to screen at any zoom level, all to keep waiting times at a minimum. Processing is often finished in seconds!
SketchMee Pro is now also available. It enables some very powerful features attractive to professional or advanced users, the main additions being *extremely* high resolution output, layered Photoshop PSD output, and vector PDF output! Also available in the Mac App Store.
February 10, 2013 New version 1.5
September 07, 2012 Price Decrease: $7.99 -> $3.99
August 13, 2011 New version 1.4
April 13, 2011 New version 1.3
January 06, 2011 Initial Release