Say cheers to What Cocktail? v2.0
Hello to the good times;
- shiny new v2.0 cocktail engine
- added native iOS 6 & 7 sharing support, now includes classy cocktail images
- added support for iPhone 5, 5S & 5C 4" screen and iOS 6 & 7
Farewell, old friends;
- dropped support for older versions of iOS
- removed manual submission of What Cocktail drink statistics
Selecting a cocktail should be as much fun as drinking it. And now there’s an answer to the dreaded ‘what should I order?’ conundrum.
*** NEW in v2.0
+ shiny new cocktail engine
+ native iOS 6 & 7 sharing support, including classy cocktail images
+ support for iPhone 5, 5S & 5C 4" screen and iOS 6 & 7
What Cocktail? does all the hard work for you and serves up a perfect recommendation. No more 20 questions with the bar staff. No more indecision, and you can impress your friends.
It’s like having an expert at hand. Mouth-watering HD images and smart descriptions let you know what you are in for. Sometimes it's nice not having to choose.
*** TUAW's App of the Day! (Feb 22, 2011) ***
*** Gizmodo's App of the Day! (Feb 21, 2011) ***
*** #1 Lifestyle App on the New Zealand App Store! ***
*** New & Noteworthy on the NZ and Canadian App Stores! ***
*** Featured as What's Hot on the NZ App Store! ***
"...the design of the app is a great example of form meeting function." - TUAW.com
"There are plenty of apps that tell you how to mix drinks, but none that do it quite as stylishly as What Cocktail?" - Gizmodo.com
"Oozing style and sophistication, this app wouldn't be out of place as a replacement for a menu in some up-market urban bar." - iPhonewzealand
"Graphics are cool, the drinks look appetizing... we think this app has a lot of potential." - drinkgal.com
"...if you love seeing gorgeous design, then you really won’t want to miss this app." - brooksreview.net
+ Expertly chosen classic cocktails – nothing embarrassing here
+ Photos of every drink with a description
+ Bartender card for the curious
+ Shake function
+ Mood selector for more control
+ Seasonal or Vegas location
+ Stats counter and easy access to your favourite drinks
+ Share drinks using Twitter, Facebook, email or messages
+ Completely independent (no advertising or product pushing)
How it works:
1) Load up the app. Select a mood and… shake your phone.
2) What Cocktail? will select a drink and display the photo and a description. More details are available for the bartender or the curious.
3) Enjoy the perfect drink while impressing your friends.
4) Share your drink on Twitter or Facebook, or via email or messages.
About the drinks:
After years of experimenting, our resident cocktail researcher compiled a list of classic drinks that most good bars would know how to make. These have been weighted by season, time of day, and mood. When you shake your phone, you get a great recommendation.
There are no duds here. Lots of effort has gone into ensuring that the most appropriate choice for the situation is served up.
Please drink responsibly.
A Flightless Production
Kim Lumsden, John O’Reilly, Greg Harding
Copyright 2010 Flightless Ltd. All rights reserved.
- August 06, 2011 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- November 28, 2011 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- November 30, 2011 Price increase: FREE! -> $1.99
- December 01, 2011 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- May 01, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- July 25, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- July 29, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $1.99
- December 22, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- December 26, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $1.99
- October 23, 2013 New version 2.0