• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Founded in Edinburgh in 1979, Literary Review attracts contributors who are irreverent, accomplished and amusing. It is a trusted independent source for reviews of new books in history, biography, politics, travel and fiction. It also has a monthly poetry competition with generous cash prizes.
Martin Amis said: "In Literary Review you find something that has almost vanished from the book pages: its contributors are actually interested in Literature."
The iPad/iPhone edition brings you selected pages from the latest issue as soon as it is published. Within the application you can upgrade to full access, which brings you every page of the issue and a searchable archive of back issues to August 2005. Issues are not sold individually - for the duration of your subscription you have access to every issue in this archive.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync the latest issue to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Sync additional back issues by tapping the stars beside their names (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
£3.99 per month
£27.99 per year
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
- September 01, 2011 New version 4.4
- October 14, 2011 New version 5.0
- November 22, 2011 New version 5.1
- May 11, 2012 New version 5.4
- September 16, 2012 New version 6.1
- February 24, 2013 New version 6.6
- March 21, 2013 New version 6.7
- May 31, 2013 New version 7.0
- September 18, 2013 New version 7.3.0
- October 23, 2013 New version 7.4.1
- March 10, 2014 New version 7.5.2
- June 23, 2014 New version 7.6.3
- October 02, 2014 New version 8.0.0
- December 12, 2014 New version 8.2.4
- April 26, 2015 New version 8.3.0
- September 30, 2015 New version 9.0.2
- June 23, 2016 New version 9.4.0
- July 02, 2016 New version 9.5.2
- November 19, 2016 New version 10.0.1