Pictello 3.1 adds two new female voices to use in your stories: American English Sharon and German Claudia. Both voices are based on additional recordings and optimized linguistic processes by Acapela Group, making them even more natural, fluid and intelligible.
Pictello 3.1 also includes two brand new natural-sounding Swedish children’s voices: Filip and Freja. With these new voices Pictello now offers free genuine children’s Text to Speech voices for 6 different languages/dialects.
Pictello now supports importing the free early literacy and adapted academic books from Tar Heel Reader. Learn more on the AssistiveWare web site.
Version 3.1 also fixes the Auto Clean option for removal of old backups, and some other small bugs.
Everyone loves to tell fun, engaging, and imaginative stories. Go ahead and make a social story or visual schedule for a child with autism or a slide show of holiday pictures for your friends - Pictello makes it a breeze to create and share! Whether you use the included natural-sounding Text to Speech voices, or record your own voice, Pictello is the perfect tool for visual storytelling.
Each page in a Pictello story consists of a photo or video and some text, which can be read aloud by a Text to Speech voice or your own recorded audio.
Develop literacy skills
- Support reading with word-by-word text highlighting
- Develop writing and spelling with built-in word prediction and Speak as You Type
- Create stories to teach academic and social skills
- Import free early literacy and adapted academic books from Tar Heel Reader
Create and playback with ease
- Let students use the wizard to create stories
- Play stories page by page or as a slideshow
- Use Text to Speech voices to read the story
- Turn on switch access for story playback
- Add your own photos
- Include short video clips
- Record your own voice or sound
Share your stories
- Share with other Pictello users through our free sharing server
- Use Dropbox to exchange stories
- Export to PDF or print to share with non-Pictello users
Speak your language
- Pick English, Spanish, German, French, Turkish or Dutch for the user interface
- Select from over 110 free Text to Speech voices in 29 languages
- Use genuine American, British, Australian, American-Spanish, Swedish and German children's voices
- Create interest with fun character and specialty voices
Customize to fit your needs
- Pick between Wizard or Expert creation modes
- Swipe or automatically turn pages
- Adjust speech rate and pronunciations
Read more at www.assistiveware.com/products/pictello
Educational institutions can get a 50% discount if they purchase 20 or more licenses through Apple’s Volume Licensing Program for Education.
- September 24, 2011 Price increase: $14.99 -> $18.99
- September 24, 2011 New version 1.3
- November 18, 2011 New version 1.4
- July 24, 2012 New version 1.5
- October 13, 2012 New version 1.5.1
- November 14, 2012 New version 1.6
- December 18, 2012 Price decrease: $18.99 -> $12.99
- January 02, 2013 Price increase: $12.99 -> $18.99
- May 23, 2013 New version 1.7
- September 10, 2013 New version 2.0
- January 28, 2014 New version 2.1
- September 15, 2014 New version 3.0
- September 15, 2014 Price increase: $18.99 -> $19.99
- October 02, 2014 Price decrease: $19.99 -> $9.99
- November 03, 2014 Price increase: $9.99 -> $19.99
- September 09, 2015 New version 3.0.1
- February 02, 2016 New version 3.1