What's NewSteak Master is now in the new AppStore-category "Food & Drink"
App DescriptionSteak Master â€“ for the Perfect Steak
Preparing the perfect steak sure isnâ€™t easy and needs a lot of experience, which not all of you have. The effects could be serious â€“ you want the steak medium but itâ€™s still dripping blood. Or your anticipated rare steak is overdone and tough as leather.
But, it doesnâ€™t have to be that way. The Steak Master is easy to use and will help you cook your steaks just as you like them every time.
The perfect preparation of steaks with the Steak Master is simple:
1. First, you determine the type of temperature scale on your ovenâ€™s temperature control knob by tapping on the configuration button. That is important, because the Steak Master needs this information in order to give you the correct oven temperature later on. You only have to do this once per oven.
2. Decide if you want to use just a frying pan or both frying pan and oven (the professional way). Using only the frying pan is much quicker than the use of frying pan and oven. The meat never leaves the pan until itâ€™s done, whereas the slightly longer expertâ€™s way requires both frying pan and oven, but results in perfectly juicy steaks.
3. Most important: The thickness of the steak and how you would like to have your steak . The Steak Master helps you to define both. Just tap on the pictures or the controller under the pictures and select how well done you would like to have your steak. Then tap on â€žThickness of steakâ€œ, hold the steak sideways next to your iPhone/iPod and measure its thickness with your index finger.
4. Here we go! The Steak Master guides you step by step through the menu, tells you what you need and shows you what to do in chronological order. For example how much you have to heat up the butter/oil in your frying pan.
5. When your butter/oil is slightly bubbling itâ€™s time to sear the steak. The Steak Master counts down the time before you have to turn over the steak.
6. After searing your meat you just follow the instructions the Steak Master is giving you. Did you choose the cooking with the frying pan, reduce the heat to the temperature the Steak Master states on the display and simply finish the cooking in the pan. How long you have to cook and how often you have to turn the meat â€“ the Steak Master-App has got the answer! A small treat are the Steak-Spy and the Steak-O-Meter: they show you the condition and the progress of the steak during the cooking phase until itâ€˜s finished. Then take the meat out of the pan, wrap it up with tin foil and let it rest. How long? The Steak Master tells you automatically.
7. If you decided to use a frying pan and the oven itâ€™s the same method, only that you have to follow the additional instructions of the Steak-Master-App for the use of the oven. Either way you choose â€“ the result is a perfectly cooked steak and a great meal. Enjoy!
- The Steak-Master calculates from the thickness of the steak and the chosen steak result (e.g. rare or medium) exactly to the second the time the steak needs to cook.
- The formula is based on hundreds of tests by experienced steak experts.
- Fool-proof preparation: simply determine thickness of the steak, the way you would like to have the steak done and follow the illustrated instructions of the App step by step.
- The Steak Spy shows you the inside of the steak during the cooking progress.
September 26, 2013 New version 1.7
March 07, 2013 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
October 14, 2012 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
July 29, 2012 New version 1.6
October 16, 2010 Initial Release