App Description****** #1 Finance app for 6 weeks *****
This app gives you a snapshot of the US economy (also for individual states) by providing the latest key economic indicators and tracking the history of these indicators across the past few months, years and decades.
#1 ranked app on Apple's charts for the Finance category for 6 weeks in Nov/Dec 2010. No SALE gimmicks, never offered at the low price tiers, just a top-quality app
1. Latest values of key US economic indicators (GDP, Employment, Housing, Manufacturing, Inflation, Trade Deficit, weekly updates of Canadian,Mexican currency exchange rates , M2 Money stock, etc.) published by the US Federal Reserve.
2. Graphs to track economic indicators across many different time ranges (e.g. 1 year, 3 years, ...,40 years etc.)
3. Graphs that track the values of economic indicators across Democratic and Republican presidencies and across Recession periods over the past several decades.
4. All indicators updated soon after the govt numbers are published. (Most indicators updated monthly, others quarterly, annually, daily or weekly)
5. Help/Descriptions for most economic indicators.
6. Twitter support to auto-generate economic tweet text (and post the tweet with the tap of a button). (#cEconomy hashtag)
7. Five state-specific economic indicators (such as unemployment rate, GDP etc.) for each one of the 50 US states and D.C. (total of 255 state-specific indicators). Complete list of indicators (national,state, trade/exchange rate with Canada, Mexico) displayed by the app is on http://CascadeSoft.net/EconomyList.aspx.
8. Data-value transformations (graphs can be charted on interesting y-axis transformations (e.g. continuously compounded annual rate of change, natural log, change from previous year etc.)
The app requires internet connectivity, but previously downloaded/viewed (saved) data can be viewed in offline mode without an internet connection.
This product uses the FRED® API but is not endorsed or certified by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. The Federal Reserve is a US federal government entity and it is the central banking system of the United States. FRED refers to Federal Reserve Economic Data.
The app uses government data, but it is not endorsed or certified by any government entity
Download this app to see why it was the #1 ranked Finance app on Apple's charts for several weeks. The iPhone version of this app was once (Jul/Aug 2009) the #1 paid app in the Finance category of the iPhone app store. Our Economy app was also featured on the cover page of Wiley Publishing's book on Incredible iPhone apps.
Please email us through the app or contact us through our blog or website (http://CascadeSoft.net) for questions, comments or suggestions.
October 29, 2010 Initial Release