148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: POE ON THE PAD :: Read Our Full Review >>
Quoth the reviewer: Develop more!
What's NewMinor bug fixes
App DescriptionEdgar Allen Poe's haunting masterpiece, illustrated with Gustave Dore's classic woodcuts, animated, annotated, and fully interactive.
The realistic physics engine lets you control the scenes with tilts and touches. Toss skulls, light lamps, poke ghosts and chase birds. But it's not just eye candy: we also provide footnotes for some of Poe's more arcane terms ("nepenthe", anyone?).
- 18 pages, one for each stanza
- 23 digitally remastered illustrations
- Pop-up footnotes provide insight into arcane terms like "Nepenthe", "Aiden" and "Pallas"
- Realistic physics engine
- Multitouch and Accelerometer integration
- Control the scene with tilts and touches
- Page-swipe navigation
September 27, 2012 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
October 07, 2010 Initial Release