148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: RTS RISK :: Read Our Full Review >>
Pocket World At War is like a cross between an RTS and RISK, with none of the tediousness of either attached.
What's New★ VERSION 1.8
● Fixed some errors in Russian Translation blocking.
● Fixed Issue with using Twitter from the main menu when a Twitter account is not setup.
App DescriptionFrom the Allied invasion of Normandy, to the Battle of the Bulge; fight across more than a dozen real-time battlefields rendered based on historical information!
- "There is definitely a lot of strategy glory to be had here." ★★★★ 148Apps
- "Deceptively clever and fun." ★★★★ P.Doell
- "WWII junkies rejoice" 7.5 Wirebot
★ REAL-TIME STRATEGY
Issue orders through a simple touch and drag system. Watch your commands be carried out in real-time.
★ EASY TO LEARN
A light and casual wargame, offering a simple balance of historical battles with gameplay that can be enjoyed in 5-10min sessions.
★ UNIT MORALE AND FLANKING
This is a game of maneuvering, position your units on the enemy flank and break their morale, forcing them to retreat. Broken units can rally over time, but are also more vulnerable to taking casualties.
★ STRATEGIC AI
The AI system will try to out-flank, lure, and pressure your units. It never does the same thing twice!
★ GAME CENTER SUPPORT
Keep track of 10 achievements and player rankings!
★ NEW! AIR SUPPORT UNITS
Air support is now available in many missions. Call in strikes to support your advance through Normandy!
★ NEW! EASTERN FRONT CAMPAIGN
Join the soviets and fight from Kiev to Kursk in a brand new set of missions!
★ OTHER FEATURES:
● Multiple unit types, Armor, Infantry, Para, and more!
● Cities and bridges can be fortified.
● Historical mission facts.
● Updated Graphics for Retina Display!
● Original Soundtrack by Alec Harrison.
December 28, 2012 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
August 15, 2012 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
August 02, 2012 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
July 20, 2012 New version 1.8
October 22, 2010 Initial Release