What's New• Sergeant First Class Campaign Missions
• Three new Standard Maps
• Share/backup Maps via Clipboard
• Added 16:9 aspect lock option to Map Creator
• Fix: Allow full zoom-out during own moves
App DescriptionLead Wars is a turn-based strategy game requiring smart thinking and physical skill. It simulates the real life paper war games played in the days before portable gaming devices which needed only a pencil, some paper and lots of imagination!
• Charted #1 Strategy Game in 23 countries!
You control a fleet of planes, tanks and artillery units by taking turns to flick a pencil around a hand-drawn battlefield on a piece of paper, making long curve shots and strategic moves to try and outwit and out-skill your opponent.
• MacReview.com - "The execution is what makes Lead Wars shine. Startlingly unique, a fabulous little game." ★★★★½
• GamePro.com - iOS Game Of The Day - "Surprisingly deep", "From a strategic perspective, Lead Wars is a beautiful achievement." ★★★★
• TouchReviews.net - "You'll definitely love this game." ★★★★
• PadGadget.com - PadGadget Recommended! "Some battle are easily solved puzzles, while other start to feel more like chess games." ★★★★
• iPhone-Experience.com - "a brilliantly implemented game"
• iTunes review - djflippy: "Lead Wars has a rare quality; the simulation is actually better than that which it simulates." ★★★★★
Note this is not your typical path-drawing game - this is a simulation of the real life game played with a real pencil.
The flick mechanic works just like it does in real life (try it!): Point a pencil straight down onto some paper, holding it by the top with just one finger. While pressing down firmly, slowly tilt the top of the pencil - beyond a critical angle the tip will suddenly slip away leaving a line drawn on the paper. This line determines your move or shot on the battlefield.
Lead Wars simulates this mechanic using the touch-screen as if you're touching the top of a real pencil. See videos of the real life game and Lead Wars in action: http://www.youtube.com/DemonStudiosLtd
• Online Multiplayer - battle live or asynchronously*
• 2-player tabletop / pass 'n' play
• Single-player vs-CPU
• Single-player Campaign - rise up through the Army ranks
• Map Creator - create your own battlefields
• Instant Replays - replay all moves and shots in latest turn
• 23 Game Center Achievements (some secret) + Leaderboard
• Training missions and 100+ Campaign missions
• Visual 'MoveAid' system and tips for beginners
• 12 built-in battlefields, store up to 75 custom maps
• Have up to 25 local games on the go at once
• Have up to 30 Asynchronous online games on the go
• Highly configurable Game Setup
• Choice of 4 paper styles + 3 pencil leads
• Doodle graphics and verbal sounds - just like the real game!
* Online multiplayer requires Game Center, and asynchronous online play requires iOS 5.0 or later.
• Full-screen support for the new iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th gen)
• Universal app with Retina Display fully supported on all devices
• Share maps via the system Clipboard
• Game Center turn alert push notifications*
• Auto-rotating interface - play in any orientation
• Twitter integration - easily Tweet your victories
• Allows iPod music in the background
* Turn alert sounds and settings can be controlled in Settings | Notifications | Game Center.
The best thing about playing Lead Wars on your iOS device though is you're not having to rub out your previous moves, there's no arguments whether a shot hit or not and no dangerous flying pencils! The physical dexterity required to make your move makes the game challenging but ultimately more fun and rewarding, particularly when you make that near-impossible curve shot around a wall to win the battle!
December 21, 2012 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
December 19, 2012 New version 1.7
November 06, 2012 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
September 26, 2012 New version 1.6.1
November 19, 2010 Initial Release