What's New* Support for the latest devices including iPhone 5
* Fixed location detection bug
* Improved planet position accuracy
* Added direct link to "Monthly Sky News" page.
App DescriptionIf you need a quick way to determine if you should bother setting up your telescope, or just want to know if that bright 'star' is actually planet, this is an app you'll find very useful.
What's Up? displays the locations of the Sun, Moon and planets on a simple grid display representing the sky. There is no augmented reality, no motion tracking: just take a peek at the display and know what's up.
(For a complete 3D rendered augmented reality and motion tracking solution, please try the award-winning companion app 'Pocket Universe').
Slide the time-bar forwards or backwards to see if your favorite planet is going to appear soon, and from which direction.
If you already own Pocket Universe, this app is similar to the "Currently Visible" display mode, but - dare I say it - a little prettier, and quicker to use.
* Displays the location in the sky of the Sun, Moon, Planets and Pluto.
* Tell at a glance which objects are good for observation.
* Moon phases are displayed.
* Link to Wikipedia Page for more in-depth information.
* Southern Hemisphere supported.
* Network support only required for Wikipedia access.
Please note: Localizations are limited to Planet names.
September 18, 2012 New version 2.3
June 11, 2012 New version 2.2
May 31, 2012 New version 2.1
April 16, 2012 New version 2.0
September 30, 2010 Initial Release