What's New* The spots list no longer reloads every time you come back from the filter menu. It will only reload if you change your filters.
* Other minor bug fixes.
App DescriptionWallabee Travel Edition allows you to save costs on data usage by using around 95% less data than the official Gowalla app. It works by syncing your Gowalla account information with Wallabee who then make the calls from their server on your behalf - this leads to far smaller and faster checkins.
In addition to a small data footprint, Wallabee Travel Edition has the following features:
- Ability to add multiple Gowalla accounts allowing you to check into several places at once for extra data savings - this is particularly useful if you are travelling with friends and all want to check in at the same time.
- Displays alerts when you complete trips and gain items - you can then open the Gowalla app (or the Gowalla.com website if you don't have the app installed) to perform any additional actions
- Post your check-ins to Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and Foursquare
- A unique design inspired by the Gowalla branded Fieldnotes books - just like a real notebook, spots are crossed out once you visit them
- The first 3rd party iPhone app to make use of the new OAuth 2 API - you can connect with Gowalla without sharing your username and password with the developers.
- Developed by the man behind GowallaTools
- Several other cool features (you'll just have to go and find them!)
Follow @TheWallabee on Twitter for the latest news on this app and others coming in the future. If you experience any problems, please email me directly at email@example.com or visit the support site at http://wallab.ee/support/ - if you've enjoyed the app, please leave a short review on iTunes.
September 16, 2010 Initial Release