New in 2.0.0
- Added Episode 2: Mercy a totally new mission where you pilot the Raven heavy transport to defend disabled ships from an alien onslaught and rescue their crew, transporting them back to the Red Nova.
- Raven heavy transport is also playable in Episode 1: First Contact.
- Added "Gun Pod" power-up which when activated will orbit your ship and shoot at the nearest enemy at a rapid rate. Gun Pod is also available in Episode 1.
- New anti-capital-ship explosive enemy type added for Episode 2, only featured in Episode 2. Lots of hit points and will only attack capital ships.
Fixes in 2.0.0
- Optimized rendering engine, should improve performance.
- Changed pause button to make it easier to see the radar.
- Radar markers now change size based on distance to target.
- Fixed a pause/resume bug that would occur when the game entered the background during "Game Over".
- Increased the range at which energy orbs will become attracted to the ship.
- Improved loading time from optimized data files.
- Improved menu navigation.
Nominated for 7 awards in the 2010 Best App Ever Awards including Best App!
"It has an interesting premise, one of the smartest control schemes I've seen, Game Center integration for high score bragging rights, and above all else it's just a blast to play." - 4/5 TouchArcade
— — —
✪ Episode 1: First Contact ✪
While on a routine mission to test a number of prototype fighters destined to replace the Earth Colonial Fleet's aging Starhawk, the ECS Red Nova, your carrier, comes across an unknown alien fleet preparing to stage a sneak attack on the human colonies!
In order to give the Red Nova a chance to escape and warn the rest of the fleet you have volunteered to attack the aliens head-on. With a choice of any of the fighters on deck, you have to use your wits, your guns, and your ample supply of homing missiles to survive for as long as you can!
✪ Episode 2: Mercy ✪
The alien invasion of the human colonies has begun!
Reports are coming in that a massive alien mothership has begun an assault on the shipyards at Gamma Crucis, a mere 88 light years from Earth. It has disabled the fleet there and without your help the crew of those ships will meet an untimely end!
While the Red Nova occupies the mothership you must use your skill to pilot the Raven heavy transport against the fighter onslaught launched by the mothership. After repelling each wave of enemy ships you will have to pick up and transport the crew from their ships to the Red Nova.
"You are the front line."
✦ Universal app for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad
✦ Game Center leaderboards
✦ Retina Display graphics
✦ 4 scaling difficulty levels
✦ 5 playable ships (Episode 1)
✦ 7 different enemies
✦ 5 power-ups
✦ Dynamic camera zooms in when things get intense
✦ iOS Controller: use an iPhone or iPod Touch to control Red Nova on an iPad wirelessly
✦ Dynamic touch controls for faster reaction times; no more hunting for fixed virtual buttons when it counts
Visit www.celsiusgs.com for more
Watch on www.youtube.com/celsiusgs
Follow on twitter.com/celsiusgs
Like us on Facebook facebook.com/celsiusgs
- February 15, 2011 New version 1.0.1
- August 24, 2011 New version 2.0.0
- May 02, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99