Loop Paint is a fun and powerful painting app for making animated art that can also sync to the beat of music. Animation is created by painting brush strokes on the screen in real time while the strokes fade out and repeat back over time in a loop. Using the timing tools you can sync the animated loops you create to the beat or tempo of music that’s playing on your device, around you, or in your head.
Loop Paint is a great way to sneak in a little creative time while jamming to your favorite tunes, it allows you to explore and play with painting and timing visually and to easily paint animations in a new and exciting way.
- Easily create fluid real time animations by finger painting on a full screen canvas
- Use multiple colors, brush sizes, and shapes in the same animation
- Precise time controls allow you to sync the animation to the tempo music.
- Choose a color or make your own and refine the hue, saturation, brightness or opacity.
- Create up to 8 looped animations and switch between them on the fly or play them in a sequence automatically
- Loops are saved automatically across sessions
- Control loop length independently of tempo
- High Quality mode for faster devices, produces crisper and smoother imagery
- Can also be used as a tool for a DJ or VJ to figure out the tempo of music
Loop Paint works for iPhone and iPod touch and requires iPhone OS 3.0 or higher. An iPad version (with video output) is in the works and will be released as a free update for Loop Paint users (at which point there will be one universal version of Loop Paint for all iOS devices).