App DescriptionGet the latest issue of The Atlantic Magazine for the iPad!
Founded in 1857, The Atlantic is one of America's great thought-leader magazines. It features ground-breaking articles on politics, social trends, education, literature and arts. Famous for its excellent writing by such celebrated journalists including James Fallows, Hanna Rosin, Jeffrey Goldberg, Robert Kaplan, Christopher Hitchens, and many more, The Atlantic has won more National Magazine Awards than any other monthly magazine. The Atlantic stories change minds through their unbiased approach and respect for facts. The Atlantic presents the smartest, bravest thinking on the most important ideas of our time, entertaining readers while stimulating their civic spirits.
Highlights from this September 2010 Issue include:
* Jeffrey Goldberg on whether Israel is getting ready to bomb Iran, including an embedded video interview with Christopher Hitchens and Martin Amis
* Sheelah Kolhatkar on the inside story behind tabloid TV news
* Graeme Woods on prisons without walls
* Megan McArdle on the great stock myth
* Jim Fallows on returning to his old Tokyo neighborhood and finding an inward-looking country that has lost its ambition, including a unique slideshow
Exclusive iPad Features:
* Embedded video clips
* Easy-to-use sharing and social media features
* Innovative slideshows
* Multiple navigation opportunities such as tapping, swiping and scroll bar
* Ability to zoom-in on photos and text
Coming soon - store all your Atlantic issues within this app and buy copies of older issues.
April 30, 2011 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> FREE!
September 02, 2010 Initial Release